New airborne wing?

Bluey,

Wouldn't surprise me if they have got a new wing out as they are a fair way behind the Revo & P&M trikes in speed not to mention a basic pod compared to the others.

The Arrow is nothing to write home about in the terms of speed, the SST was claimed to be a 70 kt wing hands off, Pfffft 64kt in the front hole.

As much as I like Airborne mate they are dragging behind compared to the imported trikes.

Alf

I think they are developing a new pod too...

Yes, Shane mentioned that to me a while ago. Don't know where they're at with that. If they really want to compete with the top imports and I don't think they want to do that. Then they need to offer the 100hp rotax as an option. The extra power is needed by the smaller wings to reach their potential.

Bluey.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...

I think airborne are doing us all a favour by keeping the trike simple, affordable and most important SAFE. If you want to do 70 kt or more buy a fixed wing (;

I think airborne are doing us all a favour by keeping the trike simple, affordable and most important SAFE. If you want to do 70 kt or more buy a fixed wing (;

Jacko,

I wouldn't say affordable at the best part of 70K for something that is lucky to do 70kts and falling way behind in the trike styling. you can get a 90kt Revo for 80k and a 85kt P&M for around 60k.

The Revo's & P&M trikes as well as other brands out there are just as safe as Airbornes.

I love Airborne trikes but they are way over priced for what you get compared to the other two mentioned.

Alf

• Like 1