First PAX today :-)

Took up my first passenger today, and who was the brave soul? None other than my wife Rebecca! We drove down to Wollongong first thing in the morning, and after waiting a bit for the weather to clear, fueled up the J170 and did some sight-seeing. I worked a bit on my "patter" and briefings. I think I was more nervous than she was, as I really knew I had to get it right. But she said she'd do it again, so that was a plus!

We went up and down the coast line, saw the big P&O cruise ship docked just off of Kiama, then followed the coastline north to look at the sea-cliff bridge - always wanted to do that!

She brought her nikon D90 along, so hopefully got some good piccies and will post a couple. I wish I had thought to take a picture of her as well, but got pretty wrapped up in everything. Hopefully with more practice I'll free up some brain cells for the finer points of the experience.

On short final, I did say "well I guess now its time to see if the lessons were worth the cost" which got a chuckle, then followed by a beautiful greaser landing.

What a great day!

• Like 8
  • Winner 3

Nicely done mate. That is my next milestone to achieve, more than a year since I did my training and endorsement. My seventeen year old (youngest) daughter is keen, but I will have to work on a bit of currency before I will be as keen as she is! That should be all OK by the time I fly my hours off on my plane anyway.

• Like 1

Well done mate, wish my wife would come up with me. Say's she's not scared but doesn't want to be air-sick. (Never has been on our overseas flights.)

Taking passengers is a real thrill and here are a few of mine.

2096168303_Barrys1sttrip.jpg.69e9b0df7937fe9def8d34c26fd8ded2.jpg Crazy neighbour

S8001303.JPG.a064f72eb4c70b8beaccd718bb903350.JPG Ex boss and major stroke victim

S8001522.JPG.e97b8278a8bb8700bf0c4b0eab3c5984.JPG Our chemist

S8001490.JPG.3288eb08f3b28dba8b61e496b5097b54.JPG Cancer survivor

S8000044.JPG.492a8e16cd5132d9a2e00245e65e91ac.JPG Niece

Unfortunately, like you, I didn't take one of my then 89 year old, partially blind, mother. Her only comment, cabin service not as good as Qantas.

Enjoy your flying and share your enjoyment.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

thanks for sharing those photos, love the creative thinking on your niece's headset! Looks like you've been a great ambassador for the sport, as I aspire to be. As soon as she uploads the photos, I'll post a few of the scenic shots. We didn't get too low, as I figured her comfort level would be better up in the smoother air. Next time if she's game we can do some low n slow and get some really great shots.

I now feel like I have the confidence to open the offer to workmates or the other rellies.