I Went For a Fly

pudestcon

I went for a fly on Saturday.

Nothing exciting about that really, except my last flight was 22nd December 2013 - just under 2 months ago. The weather has been terrible for flying my T500 (Gaygirl); too hot, too windy and generally too humid - thunderstorms.

The weather on Saturday was forecast to be very light winds in the morning and temps climbing to 39 degrees in the afternoon.

I thought there was a window of opportunity so I bit the bullet and drove 3.5 hours Friday night to get to Wirraway, my mate Pol's place where we have a hangar that is home to my T500 and Pol's Gemini.

I was up early, preflighted Gaygirl, and was in the air about 0700 hrs for a few circuits. The air was silky smooth and cool; just right for finding my 'airlegs' again.

I decided a local flight to Koorda and back was a good idea so I tracked to the South West and climbed to cruise altitude, trimmed her out and sat back.... So smooth I did not touch the stick or rudder pedals for 15minutes - just a little bit of throttle occasionally was all that was needed. The heading was maintained by shifting my weight in the seat - never done that before!

I landed at Koorda for a stretch and comfort break before returning to North Gabbin, with the same conditions, and controlling the aircraft as before. Very unusual conditions in this part of the world.

I landed back at Wirraway Airfield, loaded on more fuel both for Gaygirl, and me. About 9.30am I went for another session of circuits but the conditions had changed somewhat and I could see a definite deterioration. I managed a few circuits and called it a day - the window of opportunity had passed.

Some might say that the 7 hour round trip was not worth the 1.8 hours of airtime, but for me it was Gold. I'll do it whenever I get the chance.

Pud

• Like 15

Some might say that the 7 hour round trip was not worth the 1.8 hours of airtime, but for me it was Gold. I'll do it whenever I get the chance.Pud

107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

Go for it Pud.

Frank.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

• Like 1

You gotta find a closer place to store your plane - mines an hours drive...only

Gotta agree with you Mark, except finding a hangar at the right price closer to home is pretty hard. Especially as it costs me nothing at Pol's place.... hope he's not lurking here:smile:

Good to hear Pud, glad you had a lovely flight ...................Maj....011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Yeah it was a great flight Maj. Looks like there might be favourable weather this Saturday as well.

Now, just have to convince Gay it is a good idea for me to drive 7 hours for an hour or two in the air......

I've been keeping up with your activities via the forum threads - keep at it Maj:thumb up:

Cheers,

Pud