Wanted - any drawings of Savannah wing tank installation

Hi all,

I've just received the Sav wing tanks I bought from a chap in Canberra to slot into my 701 build. Just wondering if anyone has any diagrams or fitting instructions I could look at? They've come with a long perforated bracket each and two triangular corner brackets each which look like they bolt into the fitted nuts and possibly rivet either to the bottom skin or spar (just guessing here 'cos I don't know!)

Also there's not much of a neck, so it looks like it fits firmly against the top skin - is this the case? Did a test fit of one tank, when the triangular brackets are bolted so that the flange sits underneath the tank against the bottom skin, the top of the tank looks to be about flush with the top skin. Question is, where does the perforated bracket go?

They've also come with a predrilled skin panel each which has a 8 or 9 mm hole near one corner. This looks too close to the edges to be a guide hole for the filler, so assuming it's for a drain hole in the lower skin. Is this a doubler that goes inside the wing skin?

Any detailed instructions and diagrams would be much appreciated! Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks, Marty

Hi all,I've just received the Sav wing tanks I bought from a chap in Canberra to slot into my 701 build. Just wondering if anyone has any diagrams or fitting instructions I could look at? They've come with a long perforated bracket each and two triangular corner brackets each which look like they bolt into the fitted nuts and possibly rivet either to the bottom skin or spar (just guessing here 'cos I don't know!)

Also there's not much of a neck, so it looks like it fits firmly against the top skin - is this the case? Did a test fit of one tank, when the triangular brackets are bolted so that the flange sits underneath the tank against the bottom skin, the top of the tank looks to be about flush with the top skin. Question is, where does the perforated bracket go?

They've also come with a predrilled skin panel each which has a 8 or 9 mm hole near one corner. This looks too close to the edges to be a guide hole for the filler, so assuming it's for a drain hole in the lower skin. Is this a doubler that goes inside the wing skin?

Any detailed instructions and diagrams would be much appreciated! Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks, Marty

Hi Marty

The sav wing tanks go in through the bottom skin, so the aluminium piece you have must be the bottom cover and the little hole is a drain. If you are putting the tank in from the top you will have to change things a bit, but if you've built a 701 this far it will be a cinch. the perforated bracket is the support for the tank, ie. it goes under the tank about midway. I can send the assembly chapter PDF if you send me your private address, to big to upload here.

Cheers

Rick

• Informative 1