Luscombe 8A

Riley

About two years back there was a recently-imported and unregistered Luscombe 8A needing some work offered for sale by I believe a Tasmanian owner from a maintenance hangar in Tyabb, Vic. Does any Forumite have knowledge of the current whereabouts of this aircraft or the contact details of anyone who is (or might have been) connected with it? Grateful for any leads. tks all Riley

Hi there,

I think it was on Bladeslapper.

If you type "Luscombe Bladeslapper" into google it will come up.

Bad news though Riley as I think it is no longer available.

Regards

Brian

About two years back there was a recently-imported and unregistered Luscombe 8A needing some work offered for sale by I believe a Tasmanian owner from a maintenance hangar in Tyabb, Vic. Does any Forumite have knowledge of the current whereabouts of this aircraft or the contact details of anyone who is (or might have been) connected with it? Grateful for any leads. tks all Riley

I believe the owner decided to keep the aircraft and get her registered and flying.

Cheers

Hi there,I think it was on Bladeslapper.

If you type "Luscombe Bladeslapper" into google it will come up.

Bad news though Riley as I think it is no longer available.

Regards

Brian

Thanks Brian. BladeSlapper was where I first picked it up and, yes at that time the lass stated she was taking it off the market. However, she also mentioned there were 12 other 8A/E's in Oz and two years passage of time can foster a lot of changes. Her previously listed tel nr is no longer in service but I'd still like to make contact in order to assess my chances at any of those Luscombes. Thru persistent sleuthing over a long period I was ultimately successfull in discussions leading to the purchase of my 7AC Champ (even tho I was 'hand-balled' by the penultimate owner) so ya never know. Old chinese saying "If you don't ask, you don't get". cheers Riley

• Agree 2

Hey Riley

Call the Peninsula Aeroclub and ask them the name of the young LAME with the Luscombes. I know he purchased an 8A that suffered a failure of the right gear leg in a taxiing accident at Coldstream a few years ago and intended rebuilding it. He already had another.

Kaz

• Agree 1

Hey RileyCall the Peninsula Aeroclub and ask them the name of the young LAME with the Luscombes. I know he purchased an 8A that suffered a failure of the right gear leg in a taxiing accident at Coldstream a few years ago and intended rebuilding it. He already had another.

Kaz[/quote

Merci Miz Kaz. I'm on my bike!

Hey RileyCall the Peninsula Aeroclub and ask them the name of the young LAME with the Luscombes. I know he purchased an 8A that suffered a failure of the right gear leg in a taxiing accident at Coldstream a few years ago and intended rebuilding it. He already had another.

Kaz

Morning Kaz. Spoke to the Penninsula Aeroclub receptionist this morning who spoke to Dave?? & Chris ?? (supposedly the oldest , wrinkley-faced, grey-haired knowledgeable old geezers in the clubrooms) and no-one had any knowledge of my target. Can you provide any amplifying details please? cheers Riley

I just spoke to Daniel. He has a Luscombe under repair/overhaul. It is not currently for sale as he intends to bring to airworthiness, with Maintenance Release, before considering offering it to the market.

Riley, if you want Daniel's number, text me on 0407 252505. Daniel has ok'ed me passing it to you.

Fred

I just spoke to Daniel. He has a Luscombe under repair/overhaul. It is not currently for sale as he intends to bring to airworthiness, with Maintenance Release, before considering offering it to the market.Riley, if you want Daniel's number, text me on 0407 252505. Daniel has ok'ed me passing it to you.

Fred

Tks Fred. Will contact U shortly. cheers Riley

• 11 months later...
Hey Riley, I purchased the said Luscombe from Tyabb. Feel free to PM me if required.

Congratulations on capturing the 8A and thanks for remembering my wants of last year. Amongst other projects, I looked at a very presentable Luscombe when in Canada last Aug but it couldn't be test flown so curbed my enthusiasm and ended up coming back to Oz with nothing. The geezer in Adelaide who is gearing up to make RAA-registerable Luscombe look-a-like kits dropped off the radar last Sept so I gave up on that lead. Anyway, I ended up buying a Celebrity Bi-plane off Barnstormers in Florida and it's due to hit these shores in about 3 weeks. Here's the irony ... I wanted an interesting fuselage to hang my Rotec R2800 radial on... the aircraft I bought is wearing a Rotec R2800 radial! Enjoy that Luscombe. Good to hear from you. cheers

...Here's the irony ... I wanted an interesting fuselage to hang my Rotec R2800 radial on... the aircraft I bought is wearing a Rotec R2800 radial! Enjoy that Luscombe. Good to hear from you. cheers

Well, it's always good to have a spare...!

To be fair, it is actually an 8E.....all metal. Restoration should be complete before the end of this year by my reckoning.

The Luscombe kit lookalike is still underway when I last checked, although I am not sure of the actual projected timeline for availability.

Fly safe.

JJ