Best kneeboard system for ipad mini on trike

Guest buzzard

Guest buzzard

So many choices! Looking for feedback on the best kneeboard system for an ipad mini. Have googled kneeboards in general, but particularly interested in your thoughts for systems best suited to trike flying.

Hi Buzzard,

I don't fly a trike, but I have found the Mini G iPad Mini Kneeboard from Sky High Gear to be really good in my Gazelle. No frills, just a solid kneeboard with adjustable elastic strap. It was also considerably cheaper than some of the alternatives even after postage was included. Worth a look IMO.

Cheers,

Neil

Guest buzzard
Hi Buzzard,I don't fly a trike, but I have found the Mini G iPad Mini Kneeboard from Sky High Gear to be really good in my Gazelle. No frills, just a solid kneeboard with adjustable elastic strap. It was also considerably cheaper than some of the alternatives even after postage was included. Worth a look IMO.

Cheers,

Neil

Thanks Neil. All very confusing with so many on the market.

Guest buzzard

Hi Old Man Emu

That system looks fine but was researching one for an ipad mini. What do you use now though?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest buzzard

Thanks for your input guys. This is what I settled on though.

An otterbox defender case for the ipad mini retina. And then (after a lot of searching and finally getting it on Amazon) the OtterBox Utility Series Latch II Case with Accessory Bag for 7-Inch Tablets.

The reason I went this way is that it comes with a small accessory bag which is ideal to "prop" the screen up for a better angle of viewing. (Not to mention the convenience of being able to put small items in the accessory bag.)

It allows for horizontal or vertical viewing. Extremely well made. The leg strap is wide, elasticized and secures with velcro. The cost of the Utility Series Latch case was around AUD$50 with shipping. The otterbox defender case is not necessary to go with the Otterbox Utility Series Latch case but it is a rugged case that has had good reports.