Lightwing Tail Wheel training - anyone in SA left?

Hi,

Is there anyone left in SA that has a Lightwing Tailwheel available for a training/checkflight?

Have asked James at RPA but all that appears to be left are Sportcubs at Aldinga. I have done a couple of BFR's in Lightwings over the years so looking for a checkflight in one of those preferably. RAAus wont recognise 130 hrs of single seat tail dragger time, including Lightwing BFRs to replace the missing TW letters on my certificate.

Cheers

Richo

Hi,Is there anyone left in SA that has a Lightwing Tailwheel available for a training/checkflight?

Have asked James at RPA but all that appears to be left are Sportcubs at Aldinga. I have done a couple of BFR's in Lightwings over the years so looking for a checkflight in one of those preferably. RAAus wont recognise 130 hrs of single seat tail dragger time, including Lightwing BFRs to replace the missing TW letters on my certificate.

Cheers

Richo

Perhaps an empty offer but if all else fails, you can have free access to my 912GR and a reasonably tame S.I. if you wanna come out West for a weekend. Dunno what a rtn cheapie fare is fm Ad/Per but probably wouldn't be too much more than you'd pay a FTF for an hour's BFR in an unfamiliar aircraft. Keep it in mind. cheers Riley.

• Informative 1

Hi,RAAus wont recognise 130 hrs of single seat tail dragger time, including Lightwing BFRs to replace the missing TW letters on my certificate.

Cheers

Richo

Similar situation here - 100's of hours in tail wheel aircraft including multi engine (DC3).

Guess I will have to find a J3 or Light wing somewhere to get the TW added to my certificate.

Cheers

Similar situation here - 100's of hours in tail wheel aircraft including multi engine (DC3).Guess I will have to find a J3 or Light wing somewhere to get the TW added to my certificate.

Cheers

I did my conversion in a drifter some time ago. Cheers Mike

I did my conversion in a drifter some time ago. Cheers Mike

I started in a drifter,the guy sold it before I mastered it,,,will have to get into one again to have another go at it!

Matty

Similar situation here - 100's of hours in tail wheel aircraft including multi engine (DC3).Guess I will have to find a J3 or Light wing somewhere to get the TW added to my certificate.

Cheers

ave8rr. Are you GA current (BFR plus medical)? If so, it is paperwork only. Any CFI can do it for you. Use Endorsement Recognition Form. This can be viewed or printed from RAAus website. Go to "FORMS". Click on "Endorsement Recognition Form".

Fred

• Agree 1

Yeah Richo I also found no schools around here seem to have tail dragger trainers (unless you have a fair bit of time and cash on hand for those at Aldinga). Was planning to do this interstate some stage. Or of course just buy one....

The flying club at Stirling North (just SE of Pt. Augusta) has a LW they use for training, but I don't think there is a regular instructor available. They are at the field every Saturday and host a sausage lunch. Ring Ron at 0407 619 703. He can provide more info. I'm just a sometimes lunch visitor.

Perhaps an empty offer but if all else fails, you can have free access to my 912GR and a reasonably tame S.I. if you wanna come out West for a weekend. Dunno what a rtn cheapie fare is fm Ad/Per but probably wouldn't be too much more than you'd pay a FTF for an hour's BFR in an unfamiliar aircraft. Keep it in mind. cheers Riley.

No worries Riley, thanks for the offer, nice to know someone interstate would go to the trouble of helping out another aviator.

Guys, thanks for the other replies, I'll check out those leads as well. John the Stirling North club might be the go, thanks for the phone number.

• Agree 1

ave8rr. Are you GA current (BFR plus medical)? If so, it is paperwork only. Any CFI can do it for you. Use Endorsement Recognition Form. This can be viewed or printed from RAAus website. Go to "FORMS". Click on "Endorsement Recognition Form".Fred

Many thanks Fred. Yes have CPL with current BFR/ class 1 Medical.

Will talk with Max Jackson (Hinkler Flying School) here at Bundy.

Cheers