Plane crashes into house, pilot walks (Colorado, USA)

Pretty amazing, video won't embed so worth following the link. Not sure if the insurance company will cover this.... maybe they will just replace the banner. smoking.gif.2d8aabfab26579c9810e4f07a330ce61.gif

Mike Papp from Northglenn, Colorado, said he saw a plane flying a Geico insurance banner...... then heard a “buzzing and then a loud boom” Monday afternoon.

A single-engine plane had just crashed straight through the roof of a home in Papp’s neighborhood, but

[/url]amazingly, given the wreckage, the pilot walked away with only minor injuries.

• Like 1

In The Age newspaper on Thursday, the Odd Spot reports that the pilot involved had previously owned this house, and also that he was a fire fighter and grabbed the garden hose to spray the flames when he got out of the wreckage.

• Like 1

Did you see in the photograph, even the Yanks use that plastic cladding crap on their houses.

I believe they call it vinyl siding and whilst us Aussies have no excuse, I can tell you as someone who used to live in and still owns a house in Boston, that crap holds up far better in the arctic winters than the alternative (wood).

• Agree 1

I was more interested in the other news on the U.S. news site. Petrol in Denver is only $3.62 a gallon (95 cents per litre)

Fuel in Seattle is 4.85 a gallon ATM as of yesterday when I was there. Fuel at Vancouver is $1.46 per litre where I am as I type this. The 3 litre diesel Dodge Ram is out selling it's bigger brothers (v8 diesel and v8 petrol models) by a long way due to the fuel prices here.