got my CTA endo :-)

This weekend's PPL lesson, we did a Nav through Richmond LOE and down to harbour Scenic 1. It was a grueling lesson, and the weather wasn't the best, but I now have my controlled airspace endorsement!

taking my pre-licence flight test this Sunday... wish me luck!

• Like 6
  • Winner 1

Hey mate, well done !!

You're going all guns on the certs , good for you !

Mind you, for $99 I can get the same view (dependent on wind/approach) when I get a cheap Virgin flight CAN-SYD and I don't have to worry about the flying ;-)

I was up there all last week, completely forgot to give you a hoy ! sorry, next time.

Keep up the good work !

cheers

R

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
once you finish your PPL, a NFVR rating is nice, you can do the harbour scenics at night!

I think a NVFR is really useful experience, although I am less keen to go out at night these days. Perfect for those slightly late arrivals, or those areas where local last light is actually much earlier than published last light.

Thanks all! Well all the boxes are ticked and forms are signed.. .just waiting now to schedule the flight test! My original goal of PPL by end of august may be a reality!! (depending on weather of course).

For those keeping track, after the RAA cert + PAX and XC (with a little over 60 hours), it took me about 16 hours in the Warrior II to get to this point. The biggest factor was an RAA school that trained to GA standards, so I had much less to do starting out. Once in the Warrior, we hit it very hard and covered everything... its been exhausting, but so much fun. Hopefully I can nail the flight test and open myself up to the wider world of aviation, and more options!

Barra - I have updated my blog up to the point of my CTA endo, but am a little behind. Thanks for reading!

Thanks all! Well all the boxes are ticked and forms are signed.. .just waiting now to schedule the flight test! My original goal of PPL by end of august may be a reality!! (depending on weather of course).For those keeping track, after the RAA cert + PAX and XC (with a little over 60 hours), it took me about 16 hours in the Warrior II to get to this point. The biggest factor was an RAA school that trained to GA standards, so I had much less to do starting out. Once in the Warrior, we hit it very hard and covered everything... its been exhausting, but so much fun. Hopefully I can nail the flight test and open myself up to the wider world of aviation, and more options!

Barra - I have updated my blog up to the point of my CTA endo, but am a little behind. Thanks for reading!

And of course the right instructor at your side is very encouraging - young, enthusiastic and highly capable. Congrats on the CTA and best of luck with your flight test and don't forget to lean the bird in cruise and heat off and rich before power up.

Thanks Col, yes I lucked out with instructors on both sides of the fence... if i can get out of my own way on the test, i might have a chance!! Thanks for the tips, those are a couple of the spots i tend to forget occasionally!