Leak Down Tester

Louie

What? 18mm thread is the standard Lyc/Conti size, Jabiru plugs are 12mm. I think the short adapter from ACS is a multi-thread that may fit also the Jabiru , it looks like several different dimensions, but if you chose the longer model, look for the 12mm version.

• Agree 1
  • Helpful 1

What? 18mm thread is the standard Lyc/Conti size, Jabiru plugs are 12mm. I think the short adapter from ACS is a multi-thread that may fit also the Jabiru , it looks like several different dimensions, but if you chose the longer model, look for the 12mm version.

12 mm spark plug 18 mm plug socket

Mike

• Like 1

Ok I think clearer now as there was some confusion with mention of adaptor sizes relating to socket or thread size.

Want to use a T Bar so if I order one of these which is 12 mm thread: https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/eppages/extension12mm.php

and this tester https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/cylpresse2a.php should be on the right track other than may need some fittings.

Compression problems?

I didn't think unqualified ppl where allowed to service Jabirus, hence my question.

I would like to point out that your original question was around "compression problems" to which I provided you the courtesy of a reply. Your follow-up comment to another post states that your reason for asking me was in regard to recent discussions around qualifications.

I was going to let this go through to the keeper but I would now like to mention that I have gained a lot of knowledge from this site and appreciated the time and willingness of others to provide information. Asking "cryptic" questions and wasting my time may satisfy your insecurities but it does no justice to the many fine contributors on this site.

• Agree 4

• 5 months later...
I've found that the leak down test is safer performed by two people , one to take charge of the prop ,Another trick is to have a pen behind you ear and record press. on pieces of masking tape on each head .

Cheers and BE CAREFUL .!!

A prop that let's go in a leak down test could do serious injury , or death !!!

There is a really good video on the EAA Tips For Homebuilders area which talks about why, how and the need for 2 people. Then they demonstrate the procedure starting with required tools, how to prepare, how to find TDC, how to secure the prop. Then they show exactly what will happen if the prop isn't secured.

There are hundreds of tips for home builders on the site.

• Like 3