Airstrip closures

M61A1

The council in Croydon, Vic tried this bulldust when they decided to close the local swimming pool. My father went down there and pointed out that it had been built with donated funds, and since his name was on the brass plaque at the entrance he wasn't going to stand for it.The kids of the area never knew how close they came to losing one of the few cheap forms of entertainment available.

You onto it Rob or more to the point your Dad was.

Those things happen a lot ... yester year clubs/community efforts/donations did good things and the modern day mob with the pimples just dried come in and take over in the name of progress and tell us what is going to be done in their new world. The sad fact they were still in nappies when all the hard work was done plus the disregard for the gentleman's agreements which were involved with the development of those precious infrastructures.

Regards

KP.

Not all councils are in the airport shrinking mode.

Thangool which is the airport for Biloela and is governed by the Banana Shire is expanding the Thangool airport .

The two major things which are on the go at Thangool (1) Callide Dawson Flying Group have their home there now with council help to move and run the first ever fly in.

(2) Working to have avgas on tap with a card bowser.

I think Banana Shire should get the yeh of the day for that effort.

Regards

KP.

• Agree 2

The Roebourne shire have just added the same facility to our airfield but me thinks it's to service the Criminal transport planes that bring in the new inmates for Roebourne prison.

Otherwise can't see it getting too much use.

Interesting video Turbs I also clicked onto the you tube link after watching it on a short film called "get to know the bird".....American of course but they put flying across so well I couldn't help but feeling part of it....thought it was well done.

Cheers

I see that Wangarrata airfield are advertising in the latest sport pilot mag trying to get expression of interest in someone setting up a flying school there. That surely must be seen as a positive.

Now if only I had a few years more experience and/or knew a CFI with the inclination. It would be worth looking into.

The Roebourne shire have just added the same facility to our airfield but me thinks it's to service the Criminal transport planes that bring in the new inmates for Roebourne prison.Otherwise can't see it getting too much use.

Interesting video Turbs I also clicked onto the you tube link after watching it on a short film called "get to know the bird".....American of course but they put flying across so well I couldn't help but feeling part of it....thought it was well done.

Cheers

Regarding the fuel.. Not all negative ducks..

Somewhere up in the north someone put the fuel in. For a start was a trickle now there is big heaps sold and it is a good revenue raiser. Once the crowd know the fuel locations they plan their trip around the fuel.

Regards

KP.