July 2006

Admin

Guest danda

SOME OF THESE PICTURES ARE FANTASTIC THAT’S WHY I LOVE FLYING. I KNOW THAT THERE MAY BE A FEW THAT MAY HAVE A DIG AT ME FOR WHAT I’M ABOUT TO SAY BUT WHEN I AM UP THERE LOOKING AT THIS DISPLAY OF SPLENDOUR I CAN'T HELP FEELING SO CLOSE TO GOD. HOW COULD SUCH BEAUTY JUST HAPPEN?

DON

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest danda

David that’s an awesome picture you instead of putting pictures on the next calendar maybe the RAAust could put some of these labelled the reason we fly I can’t wait to get confidant enough in my little Diamond to take it on a few longer trips. You know there are those who believe that all this beauty happened by accident, no way they will convince me.

Don

Guest David C

Darren ,

Yes mate , that one was taken in our " back yard " , just to the South of Bringelly on our well worn The Oaks to Hoxton Park track .

I have to agree with Danda ... flying has given me so many opportunities to appreciate the handiwork of our Creator. Here's a pic I took over the Main Range of the NSW Snowies, a perfect flight on a perfect day.

Paul

20060725_214027_West_of_Cooma.jpg.b1bf4ca9096de77002d6fde31c50b892.jpg

Hi Crew

This is what I love about flying. The Transition from an awkward earth bound machine to the air at Leeton's Brobenah airstrip. This was my first flight in a Jabiru J160 owner built courtesy of Geoff Hamilton and Geoff Waddleton from Red Cliffs near Mildura about ten seconds before Geoff said those magic words "Your aircraft".

Can you imagine letting someone you had just met to actually fly your own personal aeroplane. Thank you Geoff & Geoff.

All the white things on the ground are plastic bags from the Leeton rubish tip on the edge of the aerodrome which is about to be closed and cleaned up.A new modern tip has been set up a few Km east of the town to be opened in mid August. Ross

20060725_133233_J160_19-4265_@_.thumb.jpg.82f80a6e2644c8c03dd189a431d004fb.jpg

Guest Guest

I can't help but notice what looks like rust on the flap / aileron hangars in Paul's photo above? What type of aircraft is that? Is that actually rust or some type of dust residue?

Phew, you had me worried there for a second, thanks Nosmo. No, last time I looked the CT2K had no rust on board. That brown stuff you see around the hangers/hinges is staining from a corrosion inhibiter come lubricant.