Admin

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest danda

Who could ever doubt what a wonderful nation we live in with these panoramic pictures, little wonder it’s called the GREAT South Land of the Holy Spirit.

Don

PS. Nosmo where are these bits and pieces, my brother belongs to the historical aircraft group in Wollongong I think they are called SARS or something like that. Those bits may come in handy.

Guest Fred Bear

One from yesterday morning on our flight to the Gold Coast. Home already though 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif Nothing like sunrise/sunset from above. Wish airliners would clean their windows sometimes though. Aircraft was Airbus A320-232 VH-VQV. Enjoy!

pics011rs5.jpg.e6cddfba9e95023781ab4872ee01fb32.jpg

Guest Guest

That gear is all in a hangar at West Sale, along with another 11 (Eleven) Gruman Trackers. They were to be sold from OZ defence to the Singapore Defence Force, but the deal fell through and they sit there in a hangar wasting away. There were only apparently 2 serviceable engines and all 12 aircraft were brought from afar to Sale with the same 2 engines, being shipped back and forth. A bit of an effort! I have no idea who financed that operation however I suspect that they lost a lot of money. It might even be more than 12, as they stack really well in the hangar with the folding wings.

This is a scanof aphoto I took in 1986from an ANSETT flight from Brisbane to Sydney just as the crewcut the power for a descent into Sydney. I think we were at about 45,000 ft abeam Singleton at the time.

20060727_051154_Ansett_abeam_Si.thumb.jpg.df93aba903947f13d4ddec4d1a658e02.jpg

Guest David C

Now here is an " olde worlde " picture . Not really ,its a Tiger Moth at Camden just a couple of years ago but these photo enhancement programs are great hey !! .

DSC00905.jpg.a38c07df7214881986b11a75a26c90d9.jpg

First one scanned from negative.

Others scanned from photos 35mm SLR.

A warm day in Phoenix and Southern CaliforniaJuly 1985 bottom left.

NSTC TV 400 lines per inch.

[ATTACH]597[/ATTACH]

What they used to look like in November 2000.

[ATTACH]598[/ATTACH]

Late final LAX November 2000.

[ATTACH]599[/ATTACH]

Regards Ross

20060728_135535_Met008c.thumb.jpg.73306e2651317a3275c5a9526bcb89d3.jpg

20060728_135837_NYk207.thumb.jpg.908053c87af0c25dae939ccf343c8daf.jpg

20060728_140117_SFcLAX085.thumb.jpg.4934f951ed69e0bb46e2bbfea58a5973.jpg

The July competition has now ended with judging by Shelley, the Editor of Australian Flying Magazine happening very soon (when I return from holidays)- stay tuned and thanks to everyone who has entered.

August has now started so get your entries in

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I arrived back from my holiday the day that Shelley from Australian Flying went on hers and now that she is back and going through her emails the judging of the Jult competition should be done soon - please stay tuned.

Ok, we have a winner but I am waiting for an email reply from Shelley to confirm I can also post her notes on why.

I must say and I am sure you would all agree that is was hard as ALL the posts were fantastic.

Heck, I can't stand the suspense any longer and I am sure Shelley wouldn't mind me posting her email so here it is....

down here.......

and the winner is........

Yes, it was a difficult decision, Ian. But I'm going to award the prize tothe Storch Wing by "River". Itpresented as a crisp, clean image, full of interest with the sharp reflections on the underside of the wing, and of course a fascinatingaircraft to boot. It also had by far the highest resolution (137 kb).

Also well done to the photographers of the "Roulettes & Flag" and the taxiing DC3 - superb. But both these, at the required density of 300dpi, would present as tiny pics around 6 x 8 cms if published. Just for your interest, the file size for, say, a half page pic in Australian Flying needs to be at least 500kb. Over1 Meg is of course getting towards real quality.

Please tell forum members I'd love a definite caption to accompany eachimage. At the moment, I'm searching for a caption in between all the chatting!! Congratulations to the winner!

Shelley

Ross

A big thanks to Australian Flying 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif and congratulations to River but ALL shots were fantastic

Guest Fred Bear

Yes, it

was a difficult decision, Ian. But I'm going to award the prize to the Storch Wing by "River". Itpresented as a crisp, clean image, full of interest with the sharp reflections on the underside of the wing, and of course a fascinatingaircraft to boot. It also had by far the highest resolution (137 kb).

Also well done to the photographers of the "Roulettes & Flag" and the taxiing DC3 - superb. But both these, at the required density of 300dpi, would present as tiny pics around 6 x 8 cms if published. Just for your interest, the file size for, say, a half page pic in Australian Flying needs to be at least 500kb. Over1 Meg is of course getting towards real quality.

Please tell forum members I'd love a definite caption to accompany eachimage. At the moment, I'm searching for a caption in between all the chatting!! Congratulations to the winner!

Shelley Ross

A big thanks to Australian Flying 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif and congratulations to River but ALL shots were fantastic

Galpin - sorry for the confusion but no there isn't any image associated with the email or post. I just entended the gaps between the lines to make it look more dramatic :big_grin: - also the email refers to Rivers image of the Storch on page 1 of this thread.

Guest Fred Bear

I just entended the gaps between the lines to make it look more dramatic.

For me it was almost heart-stopping as the scroll button on my mouse seems to have died. I just could not get down there!! :devil: