Headsets

whitek2h

Hi I'm new to this site,

The online shop has Recreational Flying 250 Headset for $110.

This seems like a great deal. Does anyone have any experience with them. I was thinking of buy the Pealtor brand headsets.

Thanks

Kevin

G'day Kevin.I can't comment on the forum shop headsets,although they did catch my eye.What I did find on US ebay was some called HD1200A,they were new,have volume control,flex boom with noise cancelling mic,and are very comfortable(I bought 2 sets).You can bid on them for US$59.00 or "buy it now" for $65.00.I used buy it now on Sunday and they were in my mailbox on Friday(I can't get stuff from Sydney that quick).They cost me AUS$115.00 each including shipping.I fly a 2 place Thruster without doors and these things work brilliantly.Hope this helps.

Kevin, anything I say would be biased but they are a top quality headset and in the 9 months they have been available not one has been returned - there is a no questions 1 year clean swap warranty on them - they have gel ear seals and even gold coated plugs. many schools use them so they get a good working out without any problems.

The only thing is I have sold out and are waiting on the next batch of 100 coming in a few weeks - even then just over 20 of them have already been sold.

• 1 month later...

I currently use a peltor 7004 headset for myself and find them very good. How would the RecreationalFlying 250 Headsets compare to the peltors or lower end david clarks. I need a new headset for my victims. ;)

Phil

Hi Phill.

I could not get the Rec Flying ones as none in stock, purchased some DC's on ebay for $100 that needed new ear pads. Spent $50 on a set on new undercut Gell Pads and I'm very please with the result.

Cheers Kevin

I currently use a peltor 7004 headset for myself and find them very good. How would the RecreationalFlying 250 Headsets compare to the peltors or lower end david clarks. I need a new headset for my victims. ;) Phil

I have two Peltors, I'm not sure of the model, but the earcups are black with a red band. I am very pleased with actual performance of the headsets, but both have an identical problem. The curly cable between the headset and the junction box for the plug cables is fine, but the short lengths of straight cable from the junction box to the plugs have both got bad cracks in the outer insulation, almost as it they had 'dried out' in some way. They obviously used a different material here to the one in the curly cable and it's not up to the job. I am going to have to buy four new plugs as they are molded into the cable. It's a shame, they are superb in every other way.

• 1 year later...

Hey all, it's been a while since the Rec 250 Headsets were available. Just wondering whether anyone had updates on how they've found the headsets? I'm quite interested in them and would like to hear what the long term feedback is on these.

Cheers!

Guest pelorus32

Check out the reviews section for a review of the Rec Flying headsets. Ian, you might have one set left. PM me.

Regards

Mike

• 2 years later...