G20 - Fighters vs 'Cessna' interception?

6:25 pm 15/11 - I'm on the ground about 30Nm south of the G20 activities and in a total 'no-fly' exclusion zone for GA - the air traffic has been noticeably absent for the last little while - and suddenly we have big noise of military jets flying low and working hard at flying very slow.

It's just a few minutes before last light though I can see them quite clearly, but can't be sure they're F18s, certainly look like them, and they were apparently trying to intercept a 'Cessna' at about 1500-2000ft travelling NW, probably toward Archerfield. A thought could be that it's someone who doesn't read the news or the NOTAMS ...

Anyway maybe it'll be on the news in a while. The 'Cessna' was over an area called Logan at the time, an area not completely without its share of 'radical extremists' for want of a better description, not that that necessarily has anything to do with it.

I wouldn't want to be the pilot when they catch up with him/her undecided.gif.29404dc3fc2c730e31363528ac18c5cb.gif

Like the poor pilot of the 337 trying to get into YBK during APEC. He had filed a plan for entry time and was correctly complying and still got a flare across his nose for his trouble.

The hornets are getting a good workout tonight. I can hear them but cannot see them. The kc30 tanker is orbiting to the south west. Aerial refuelling at night woul require some skill.

On the flight radar app there is a Qld police service cessna caravan reg vh-psq above the city at approx 9000 feet as well.

Knowing Military efficiency, that's probably the Cessna they are chasing! 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1