Tea Leaves

geoffreywh

You'd be forgiven for thinking that there would be honour amongst fellow avaitors, maybe there is, but there are some awful exceptions. I was retorquing my (wood) prop a couple of weeks ago, amongst other things. I did it in the hangar, beautiful and new, ( I'm at the back ).... Torque the prop, fit the spinner, Go for a wee and come back then pull the Jodel outside, not easy as there's a six seater in front of me. Anyway, I go to pack up, load all the tools in the ute, well, I would have liked to load all the tools. But my lovely Tonichi certified calibrated Torque Wrench has gone walkabout....Really nice one, In a yellow and blue box. BIG dial with red needle and red trace needle reads only Nm. Some bastards had it away......At Tyabb of all places and from the back of the hangar....I would really like to know who has it ( or , more likely, who stole it) I would certainly do them some awful damage......Just goes to show, who/what we are dealing with............

And I bet that your response to "Can I borrow your torque wrench for a minute, mate?", would have been, "Yeah. Sure mate, but she's a boomerang."

And after reading this: http://www.mechanicsupport.com/articletorquewrench.html , is it worthwhile paying a motza for a torque wrench anyway? I just bought a German made one from ALDI for $14.99 on special.

Old Man Emu

Takes all types......left my old wheel barrow out the front of my house.

Went out one morning and there it is missing the wheel and axle....the bolts had been removed and left on the ground.

The funny thing is I had run over some bindies and the tube was full of holes.....they will get there just karma when they try to use it.

Sad part is I got a new one at the market for $25... some people are either stupid or have no respect for peoples property.

hope your wrench is returned Geoff,

cheers Butch