Gday, Newbee from the Gold Coast

mph7

After many years of flying here and there at different clubs Ive settled here on the gold coast and completed my rec licence. Now looking for an aircraft and club to join, got my eyes on a brand new Xair falcon with a new 582, Any local guys here know of any hanger space to rent

Mike

Guest Offroad4wd

Hi Mike and welcome. I am from the Gold Coast as well but I am only just starting my journey of flying. Good luck with your hanger search

Tim

Guest Offroad4wd

dazza 38 thanks for not picking up that I didn't use a full stop at the end of my sentence. I will put an extra one in this sentence to make up for it..

What's the name of that field just to the North of the Gold Coast conurbation people,. . . . . .memory fading. . . ( Italian cabernet tonight. . . ) a feller and his little girl took off from there in a Foxbat a couple of years ago, and then after an EFATO, nosed it over in the next field, . . .come on brain,. . what was the name of the site . . . . . . .

Can't new posters have 12 months grace Daz?P.s. other half should have capitals:stirrer: Other Half.

OH YEAH. . ?. . .Is that right ? the other half has to EARN that sort of descriptive respect in our place ! ! ! !

• Haha 1

( unless you have a G.A. license and the aircraft ins NOT an LAS ? ? ?Anyway, WELCOME Mike,. . . . don't take any notice of the punctuation / spelling / grammar Fascists on this site ( Ell Oh Ell )

Hope you find some hangarspace, and I'm proud of you, going for a two stroke Sir ! I built an X'Air ( Mk. 1 ) with a 582 oil injected bluetop,. . . .it only ever let me down once, with contaminated fuel . . . look after the engine, treat it kindly and it should give you many years of service. . . .bit 'Eavy on the juice yes,. . . but a lot of fun, and you have to try really hard to hurt yourself in that type of aircraft.

JACOBS'S WELL . . . .I think that was the name of the strip I was trying to remember. . .I don't know if it's purely private, or if it has any hangar room, but it might be worth a try. In the UK you can keep an aircraft like that at an airfield in controlled airspace, but the regulatory people in Australia, apparently won't allow that. . . . . ( unless you have a G.A. license, and your aircraft is not an LSA . . . I've no doubt someone will explain why this happened. . . . . . )

Phil

Jacobs well has a fairly expensive membership joining fee, plus hangar spaces are as rare as rocking horse $hit.

Thanks Dazza,. . . . . . had no info on that site,. . nor exactly how far it is from the GC. . . . thanks for the heads up.

Cheers Dazza / Phil and everybody else, by the way Phil I am a pom from Congleton and used to be a member at Arclid International near Sandbach, we used to fly flexwing trikes out of there. Seems like we have a few jokers on the site GREAT Im a little sick of hanging with old blokes at the airfields with no sense of humour,,, you get that alot over here Phil. The days at arclid messing around were great fun, anyways ive gotta find hanger space and Jacobs well is not only full but the new landowner is trying to close them down, its in court very soon.

Cheers Dazza / Phil and everybody else, by the way Phil I am a pom from Congleton and used to be a member at Arclid International near Sandbach, we used to fly flexwing trikes out of there. Seems like we have a few jokers on the site GREAT Im a little sick of hanging with old blokes at the airfields with no sense of humour,,, you get that alot over here Phil. The days at arclid messing around were great fun, anyways ive gotta find hanger space and Jacobs well is not only full but the new landowner is trying to close them down, its in court very soon.

Glad to help, I will PM you Mark Hamiltons number he owns a couple of hangars at Boonah

I know Arclid quite well, having rescued some of our guys from there when they ran out of uel / dyalight / etc. . . . Sorry to hear the info re Jacob's Well, shame that. . .have you considered a trike with floats,. . .run it off one of the creeks in the GC, bet that would go down well. . . .! although it doesn't solve the Sheddage problem. . . that area has expanded so much sionce I lived nearby; you'll need further advice from the locals on any other strips, private or otherwise.

Sorry to be slghtly less than no help at all Sir. On the "Humourless Old Blokes at Airfields" comment,. . .not sure what you mean,. . . .but then again, I left OZ in late 1982, when I was still a moderatley young bloke ( ? ) but have never lost my sense of humour. . .in fact hanging around airfields can be quite a humourous experience,. . .today being hilarious. I've been watching my very good friend Trev, who used to fly wobblywings, but has owned a Shadow for several years,. . .trying to teach his Son Lee, who just bought a Jab 450 UL ( G-LEEE !)

how to land it properly. . . . oh dear, . . . I was in fits. But I have developed a method of sounding very calm and serious when I press the Ptt button on the air/ground radio to say "Roger your go around Echo Echo. . ." even after the 23rd one. . . . That wasn't the funniest thing, but I won't bore you with the rest, as I've got to wander off to the "Accidents and incidents" section in a mo,. . . two more machines failed to remain in the sky hereabouts today . . . .nother thread, nother story. ( Not amusing incidentally. . . )

Phil

There is hanger space at Watts Bridge. A bit of a hike from the Gold Coast but a great aviation community. What is your budget for an aircraft? Greg.

Watts Bridge has a great reputation, just too far, I have been traveling to boonah and caboolture to hire aircraft and its just too far for me. my budget is 25k