Visual Flight Guide - the new one.

Received mine yesterday and a quick read says its' a handy book and I think it will be welcomed. It covers CASR Part 61, although it's likely there will need to be some changes to parts of that. Nothing really beats a hard copy. happy days,

I got a copy on pre-order, used it for my PPL theory exam last weekend (which I passed). Mine is already falling apart. I prefer the old spiral bound version, but at least this one can be updated.

• Agree 1

No pdf because CASA stated: .... "keeping the VFRG in digital allows for it to be updated efficiently over time. Also, unlike a PDF, it ensures everyone is operating off the most up-to-date version. The hard-copy version listed above is limited to 10,000 copies for cost recovery purposes."

I bet that they won't sell anywhere near 10,000 hard copies. The online version has limited use as a reference when people need it so I bet not many of us will view it (I prefer the source anyway eg the actual reg).

I emailed them as well, can't believe they won't do a PDF version. They could easily have a mailing list to tell people when it's been updated. I received my hard copy but now that will be outdated when they decide to update the online version. Hope they change their mind. Maybe if enough people email them.

• Like 2
  • Caution 1

There is a web version here: http://vfrg.casa.gov.au/I wont have time in the next few months, but for a keen IT person it would not be too hard to scrape that site and turn it into a PDF.

I really don't believe that its worth the effort for something that CASA could probably do in a few minutes. Its the sort of document I might look at from time to time to clear up a thought, not a document I would regularly consult.