New VFRG

CASA has released the updated VFRG however I cannot locate a free download. Does any contributor know if there is a freebie or do you have to buy a hard copy from the CASA site?

Thanks in advance.

SDQDI

That link works, but it means you have to scroll through page after page looking for info and I have a very slow connection. Not user friendly for me and there seems to be nothing there that is not already general knowledge. CASA seems to be always changing the wording slightly, but not the underlying meaning so that they can continue to feed at the "Safety trough" without doing anything much to improve the situation.

• Agree 2

I asked them at YNRM and a downloadable pdf is supposed to be available but they know its not

Coming soon is all they could say

The online version and pdf.are free.

SDQDIThat link works, but it means you have to scroll through page after page looking for info and I have a very slow connection. Not user friendly for me and there seems to be nothing there that is not already general knowledge. CASA seems to be always changing the wording slightly, but not the underlying meaning so that they can continue to feed at the "Safety trough" without doing anything much to improve the situation.

I know Yenn, and to tell you the truth I haven't even looked through the new one. I have a hard copy of the old one which I occasionally look at just to check on one thing or another (who am I kidding it's been a fair while since I squized at it:whisper:) it's a pity in this day and age that they haven't got it set up as an app for a smartphone. (Truthfully I haven't looked so let me know if they actually do) that would be the bees knees as most of us have some sort of tablet for flight planning and being able to quickly cross check things would be handy.

• Agree 1

I was at YNRM for the 3 days of the Phoenix fly in (killed by the weather gods), and was at the presentation by the young CASA person. The implication was the downloadable copy was just waiting for the Easter break to finish and takeoff.