Mcarthur River

IanR

I am planning a trip up to Gove with my wife. Travelling from Burketown across to Mataranka Homestead I will need to find fuel - Mcarthur River Mines is a good option.

Has anyone flown through there ? In the ERSA it says Avgas available - and 24 hour PPR for landing. Is permission generally given ? Any info would be welcomed !

Fill up Burketown, track Boroloolla, (near McCarther site ) fillup Boro......( both avgas swipe ) then west mataranka . Check homestead strip is Ok before using tho, you may have to use tother one.

Forgot.........avgas avail at Adells Grove camp grounds. ( Lawn Hill ) 60nm inland burketown.....and full acomm etc

Fill up Burketown, track Boroloolla, (near McCarther site ) fillup Boro......( both avgas swipe ) then west mataranka . Check homestead strip is Ok before using tho, you may have to use tother one.Forgot.........avgas avail at Adells Grove camp grounds. ( Lawn Hill ) 60nm inland burketown.....and full acomm etc

Thanks Russ !

Ian.....shoot me your email address, I'll send you couple of good stn stopovers enroute that area, food acomm avail......no need to do looong legs

• 2 months later...

We did the trip over the past couple of weeks - thanks for your advice Russ - Adels Grove was fantastic. We ended up staying Longreach, Adels, Mataranka Homestead and Jabiru on the way to Gove

We did the trip over the past couple of weeks - thanks for your advice Russ - Adels Grove was fantastic. We ended up staying Longreach, Adels, Mataranka Homestead and Jabiru on the way to Gove

Hi Ian (and Russ)

Fantastic, mate! Did you do it in the Auster?

I was going to do it from the opposite direction last year because I was in Alice but the dreaded lurgie cut my trip short. I have been sitting up nights recently thinking about it all over again and endurance is my problem. Anything over 250 NM I start to get nervous and Borooloola to Tindall is a big leg for me.

Did Mataranka have bulk avgas or did you have to Pay for a drum? Russ, same question for Daly Waters please mate?

Kaz

Hi Kaz, no we didn't take ABA. I delivered Neil's C180 MTF up to him in Gove as he is working there for a year or so with MAF. There is no fuel at Mataranka Homestead. We filled up at Borroloola and then Jabiru.

As an aside, Jabiru is not a good place to stay for people flying in as there is no availability of transport. We wanted to do the yellow waters thing but couldn't get there. Cooinda is better but was booked out when we were there.

Kaz........no avgas at mataranka, nor premium.

Lots of smelly flying foxes tho.

Ian..........yellow waters has a great strip 150m from front door. ( you guys wana get about NT.......drop me a mail, ive got contacts/places etc etc )

( sorry about the delay here........was BANNED )........side note....new site in the making i'm hearing.

Now that I'm on a fixed income, I've disconnected my home alarm system,

> turned off my external lights and de-registered from the Neighbourhood

> Watch.

>

> I've got two Pakistani flags raised in the front garden, one at each corner,

> and the black flag of ISIS in the center.

>

> Local Police, Federal Police, the Army and all my neighbours are watching

> the house 24/7.

> I am watched everywhere I go.

>

> I've never felt safer, and I'm saving $149.50 a month!

>

>

• Haha 1