ab3198

Hi,

I did my TIF yesterday in a Tecnam Sierra at Wagga and loved it. As soon as the weather clears here I will be booking in more lessons and working towards my RA certificate as quickly as I can. My dad is buying a LSA and the plan is do a heap of father and son flying on what ever he ends up buying. He is looking at Tecnam, texan, brumby type low wings which all look pretty great...

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 4

Welcome! The tecnam looks like an awesome aircraft to fly.

Im waiting on the weather to clear as well so I can go flying as well.

Let us know how your dad goes with his purchase.

Has he checked out the www.bydanjohnson.com website. He is one of the foremost experts on lsas in the us and does great review videos of new models.

Best of luck

Hi,

Thanks for the welcomes! I did my second lesson this morning and enjoyed it even more than the first. This flight was in the high wing Tecnam eaglet and we practiced climbing and descending turns and level flight. My instructor also demonstrated a few stalls which I enjoyed. On my next lesson he said I get to do the take off - i can't wait!!

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update, I'm now 6 hours in to my recreational certificate and still having a ball. I've been doing circuits for the past couple of lessons and starting to get in the rhythm. My landings weren't too pretty today but I'm confident that I could do a circuit and get back down without breaking anything... Next lesson we are going back to practice forced landings which I'm looking forward to.

Cheers

Andrew

• Like 2

Just a quick update, I'm now 6 hours in to my recreational certificate and still having a ball. I've been doing circuits for the past couple of lessons and starting to get in the rhythm. My landings weren't too pretty today but I'm confident that I could do a circuit and get back down without breaking anything... Next lesson we are going back to practice forced landings which I'm looking forward to.Cheers

Andrew

Great work!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Another update, I did my first solo flight today!! after 9.5 hrs dual I now have 0.1 hrs in my logbook with self as pilot in command... I only did 1 circuit and it was over before I knew it.. I was much higher than usual on final so I dropped full flap and managed a pretty clean landing right on my target area. Now I can't stop grinning and will be flying again as soon as the weather clears.

Cheers , Andrew

• Like 3
  • Winner 3

Another update, I did my first solo flight today!! after 9.5 hrs dual I now have 0.1 hrs in my logbook with self as pilot in command... I only did 1 circuit and it was over before I knew it.. I was much higher than usual on final so I dropped full flap and managed a pretty clean landing right on my target area. Now I can't stop grinning and will be flying again as soon as the weather clears.Cheers , Andrew

Nice Work!

• 2 weeks later...

Great news on the Solo Andrew,. . .Jeez,. . .your enthusiasm is radiating all the way to old Blighty !. . .Keep us posted with how you're progressng, but at the rate you're going itt'l be the commercial pilot rating in afew weeks by the look of it mate !

107_score_010.gif.2fa64cd6c3a0f3d769ce8a3c21d3ff90.gif

Phil