"Pilots Back Reforms for Airspace" affect on RA Aus

scre80

and now he wants OneSky to be delayed...

It wasn't too long ago he was blaming RAAF ATC for MDX, yet now it's safer to delay a new system which means Civil/Military can work closer with the same information and make life easier for both ATC and pilots who operate between the two services. I don't think Dick really knows what he wants, other then to make the papers

• Like 1

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dick seems keen to blame ATC, government, anyone but the pilot for anything that goes wrong. First it was RAAF Williamtown ATC for MDX, then it was the Melbourne centre controller for the Benalla accident, and on another forum he is suggesting that ATC can be held responsible for aircraft running out of fuel due to ADSB mandate preventing aircraft climbing higher.

I would suggest Dick refresh himself on civil aviation regulation 233 regarding the roles and responsibilities of the pilot in command. If you are seriously going to let your aircraft run out of fuel because you aren't willing to declare a PAN, climb up then explain your actions to CASA, then you are not a fit person to operate as PIC of any aircraft, let alone something that can climb up to the high flight levels.

As for delaying one sky, that would be absurd, it offers many of the civil/military cooperation benefits that Dick seemed to want not that long ago. And given there are still many negative RVSM aircraft operating in Australian airspace despite the RVSM system been around for nearly a decade, I believe CASA made a good choice been strict with the ADSB mandate, industry has already shown that if given an inch they will take several miles.

• Agree 2