Light jet crash at Blackbushe UK

A light jet crashed this afteroon ( Friday 31 July ) at a car auction site next to Blackbushe Airport near Farnborough Hampshire. Pilot and 3 Pax dead. ( sorry about the robotic video )

www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSn5YCC4Sek

Thanks for the video Phil. I wonder why the reporter has such a Siri voice?

Thanks for the video Phil. I wonder why the reporter has such a Siri voice?

There were some much better vids on the Skynews.com site, but they make it very difficult to pinch the URLs. . . .

A.A.I.B. are requesting any pics of the accident to help with the investigation. . .it came down in a full car park, amazing the death toll wasn't higher.

Phil

I think the BBC said it was a storage yard for cars, hence no one on ground hurt.

Yes, sorry, that's just my brilliant reporting skills, the original report said it was a car park attached to the motor auction site not far from the end of the runway on which the aircraft had attempted to land. . . . I remember landing over the top of that on a warm August day last year, you get quite a nice bit of thermal lift off the parked motors too !

Confirmed three Bin Laden family members are deceased.

"Mohammed bin Laden died in a plane crash in Saudi Arabia in 1967. One of his sons, Salem, was killed when his ultralight aircraft flew into power lines in San Antonio, Texas, in 1988."

The death by aircraft thing almost seems a theme with the Bin Ladens. All now await their judge and maker.

Seems the pilot knew how to take off but not how to land.... gleam.gif.61a3085bab2441797a6de7bfc35070cb.gif

Read on another site that (ADS?) data showed final approach speed was 30+ kts over norm with only 300ft more runway than min requirement. Somebody confusing ambition with ability again?

Confirmed three Bin Laden family members are deceased."Mohammed bin Laden died in a plane crash in Saudi Arabia in 1967. One of his sons, Salem, was killed when his ultralight aircraft flew into power lines in San Antonio, Texas, in 1988."

The death by aircraft thing almost seems a theme with the Bin Ladens. All now await their judge and maker.

Just wondering if there is a Bin Laden Curse similar to the Kennedy Curse

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kennedy_curse

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...
The AAIB comments which I posted, detailed the Phenom avoiding another aircraft, following a traffic alert, but as you can see, did not go into any detail re what it was.

That preliminary report appears to suggest that the other aircraft was lower, and possibly in the circuit already and thus it should have priority whatever it was ( I would have thought ).

Why the pilot of the jet continued an approach at a speed which was demonstrably way above the ( Post-calculated ) recommended speed for that type and runway length is difficult to understand. It will be interesting to see the final conclusion of the investigation.

All of the local pundits here have cited "Gross Pilot Error" although this is a bit silly until ALL of the available facts have been satisfactorily collated.

Phil