flying school at Cessnock?

cooperplace

In December I'll be at a conference which turns out to be across the road from YCNK Cessnock.

Does anyone know of a flying school there that can hire me a Jabiru?

This place:

http://www.newcastleflighttraining.com.au/

says they are at Cessnock, but their website lists no contact details.

It would be nice to see the place from the air.

In December I'll be at a conference which turns out to be across the road from YCNK Cessnock.Does anyone know of a flying school there that can hire me a Jabiru?

This place:

http://www.newcastleflighttraining.com.au/

says they are at Cessnock, but their website lists no contact details.

It would be nice to see the place from the air.

Google says: 0410 275 048

IF you call them, could you followup here? They have very good prices for Jab hire, and not too far from Sydney.

Recreational Aviation Newcastle is also based there, with a Tecnam available, if you have no joy with Newcastle Flight Training. Dave & Keith are both good blokes, and I've flown with both.

Newcastle Flight Training does not appear to be a legitimate FTF, according to the RAAus listing. A Whois lookup of their website shows it was last modified in MArch this year, coupled with no contact details makes me wonder if it is a new school about to kick off? Their website says "They have the backing of Jetride..." who in turn lists a contact number of 1300 554 876, so you can give that a go, I suppose.

Whoever you fly with, be careful, there is a new restricted area to the east of Cessnock, LL4500, that probably hasn't made it to the charts yet. I also saw that Newcastle Flight Training's website shows RH Circuits for RWY 35, HJ. This is not correct! HJ CCTS, Rwy35 are left hand for daylight ops. Right hand for Night ops only.

Recreational Aviation Newcastle is also based there, with a Tecnam available, if you have no joy with Newcastle Flight Training. Dave & Keith are both good blokes, and I've flown with both.Newcastle Flight Training does not appear to be a legitimate FTF, according to the RAAus listing. A Whois lookup of their website shows it was last modified in MArch this year, coupled with no contact details makes me wonder if it is a new school about to kick off? Their website says "They have the backing of Jetride..." who in turn lists a contact number of 1300 554 876, so you can give that a go, I suppose.

Whoever you fly with, be careful, there is a new restricted area to the east of Cessnock, LL4500, that probably hasn't made it to the charts yet. I also saw that Newcastle Flight Training's website shows RH Circuits for RWY 35, HJ. This is not correct! HJ CCTS, Rwy35 are left hand for daylight ops. Right hand for Night ops only.

Thanks for the recommendation of Dave and Keith, and for the info re circuits.

yes, I know about availability of the Tecnam, but I've only flown a Jabiru. I could go up in the Tecnam but would need to have an instructor. In fact, flying from an unfamiliar airfield I want an instructor anyway. Maybe the tecnam is the go.

The Newcastle Flight Training website doesn't look quite right to me. I'm not sure what to make of that.

• Like 1

That looks like it covers YMND. What does that do to the parachuting operation out of there?

Haven't been any para ops out of there for some time now. When i looked last it seemed that the new R976 extension covers Maitland from 4500ft to 8500ft that i think would kill any high jumping at Maitland

• 3 months later...

interesting question. This was my first flight in a non-jabiru. The tecnam was nice but I still like the way the LSA flies. I've always liked the jab airframe and still do. But I have the impression that the rotax might be more reliable......that's an important issue.

Also the tecnam somehow feels bigger, and it had lots more bells and whistles: like electric flaps and trim, full GA panel.

I think I'd like a jab with a rotax engine!