What are my options?

Hi Guys

After some thoughts on my options once I get my pilots certificate. I live up the Northern Beaches of Sydney, I've been learning out at Bankstown on a Jab170 and a Tecnam golf. Once I get my certificate and want to hire and fly around. What are my options? I can't fly out of Bankstown or Camden. I drove up to Warnervale the other day of a fly in a Foxbat, It was 1hr 10mins to get there. Then there is Wedderburn, I typed that into google maps and it came up as 1hr 45mins. Then there is The Oaks, I think that was 1hr 30mins away. Am I missing any? What is at Somersby? Can I fly there?

This there anyone else up this way? What do you guys do? Am I being a princess and should just suck it up and do the long drive?

Thanks guys

Cheers

Rick

• Like 1

Hi GuysAfter some thoughts on my options once I get my pilots certificate. I live up the Northern Beaches of Sydney, I've been learning out at Bankstown on a Jab170 and a Tecnam golf. Once I get my certificate and want to hire and fly around. What are my options? I can't fly out of Bankstown or Camden. I drove up to Warnervale the other day of a fly in a Foxbat, It was 1hr 10mins to get there. Then there is Wedderburn, I typed that into google maps and it came up as 1hr 45mins. Then there is The Oaks, I think that was 1hr 30mins away. Am I missing any? What is at Somersby? Can I fly there?

This there anyone else up this way? What do you guys do? Am I being a princess and should just suck it up and do the long drive?

Thanks guys

Cheers

Rick

Seaplane? In all seriousness I have a similar issue. I have about 1.5 hours each way for a flight, it certainly makes you look around for other options.

One thing that might help is to download ozrunways on the free trial and look for ALAs close by? Just maybe there might be some private strips that you can fly out of which are closer. Long shot I know but worth a try.

Best of luck

I just finished my requirements for the RPL today! now to get my logbook photocopied and certified, and all the stuff off to CASA.

I was chatting to the CFI of the warnervale school with the foxbat today; he says that there aren't any great options.