Caboolture and Caloundra CTAF change 12/11/15

Cosmick

FYICTAF for YCAB and YCDR will change 11th November 2015 from 118.8 to 125.85

Do you know why, Cosmic?

We are on 118.8 at Shepp and I reckon it's very susceptible to interference.

Kaz

Guest Crezzi

RPT inbound to Gladstone (also 118.8) got sick of not being able to get a word in with all the unnecessary babble from YCAB/YCDR

John

RPT inbound to Gladstone (also 118.8) got sick of not being able to get a word in with all the unnecessary babble from YCAB/YCDRJohn

John, your not suggesting that some Pilots include their life story when making radio calls. :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Yes it can be busy.

Crazy not so much.

Although I must admit I thought it was a bit funny on Monday when the guy on late final asked the glider that had just landed in front of him if he was going to hurry up and vacate the runway so old mate could land.

Yes it can be busy.Crazy not so much.

Although I must admit I thought it was a bit funny on Monday when the guy on late final asked the glider that had just landed in front of him if he was going to hurry up and vacate the runway so old mate could land.

When we went north on the Friday of the long weekend the circuit wasnt so busy, but the CTAF was horrendous and there where a lot of aircraft overflying not making calls ... We where doing the trip north and I think there must have been plenty making the trip to Gympie plus just travelling past for the long weekend.. Our return on the saturday was relatively quiet. Just out of interest, that stretch from the point to the south Banksia ??? to the island near Tangalooma ...what frequency is that on... we tried area, caloundra and 126.70 and there where several aircraft in close visual proximity we couldnt contact.