Australia from Space

The ABC have posted 17 colour enhanced photos of the Australian land mass with the challenge to identify their location. I thought I knew where 17 was, but the orientation of the racetrack and cross strip didn't match Google Earth. Some are the sand dunes. Have a go.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-14/scott-kelly-snaps-australia-from-space/6853052

• Like 2

Guest Andys@coffs

And here it is from March 12th 2007 when I flew over it in my J230, freshly purchased in Tully on the way back to Gawler in Adelaide:-

Tully-Gawler_2007.jpg.f9e0a69095a5fe4ae7a54037f9175b42.jpg

The ABC have posted 17 colour enhanced photos of the Australian land mass with the challenge to identify their location. I thought I knew where 17 was, but the orientation of the racetrack and cross strip didn't match Google Earth. Some are the sand dunes. Have a go. 

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-10-14/scott-kelly-snaps-australia-from-space/6853052

Hi Sue,

this is off topic, the contact details that we have for you don't work and I just want to let you know that we still have the logbooks for your plane. If you can please contact me at Longreach Aircraft Maintenace.

Regards

Shona Daveson

AndyYour photo cannot be the same place, the river is on the wrong side of the photo.

Don't blame him, he had a very strong headwind so he was actually flying backwards.

• Like 1

Guest Andys@coffs

Yeah.....I was thinking about becoming an accountant at the time and was specifically practising look at and analysing where I had been rather than where I was going,. Had I been more strategic I would have been flying from SA to FNQ and not the reverse!!!