Greetings from UK from Evektor EV-97 bloke - visting Oz/NZ in Spring...

Paul Kiddell

Greetings everyone. Paul Kiddell from Eshott Airfield here which is north of Newcastle upon Tyne, just south of the Scottish border.

Got 500 hrs mostly on Eurostars but also a few on C42s and a little Fokker Eindecker replica we used to own. I am part-owner of a 80hp EV-97 Eurostar (I guess Sportstar to you), get to fly a lot and love it of course. I organise the UK annual Eurostar fly-in which next year will be at Sywell on 23/24 April - we had 54 Eurostars at the inaugural event last year so hoping to better that this year. If anyone happens to be over plse drop by - we do loads of rides on the day if weather ok.

Anyway, I'm in NZ and also Brisbane in March next year and I'd love to get to fly an EV-97 whilst there - can anyone point me int he direction of any schools using EV-97s in the Brisbane area plse? I tried googling but only came up with some dead links.

Mrs K wont be impressed if I spend time convert licence etc so just looking for an hour or so with instructor to have a fly around :) Very grateful for any steers!

Have fun down there, after a great flying Autumn, winter has arrived with a vengeance.

Happy days! Paul

Hi Paul - when you are in NZ if you are anywhere near Nelson there is a flying school there which uses Sportstars - I'm sure they would organise something for you. If you would like more details closer to the date send me a PM and I will respond. Also, if you are near Christchurch I can introduce you to our local club at Rangiora - close to 100 microlights on the field of all types.

I don't think any of the schools around Brisbane are currently operating Sportstars - Gympie is probably the nearest.

There are plenty of Slings & Tecnams if you want to try some different though

Cheers

John

Hi Paul,

Yes that is right, Fly Now at Redcliffe have a Sportstar Plus now, when you get to Brisbane give the owner and CFI Mahl Oakes a call at Fly Now, he will help you out for sure...here is a link in for you with the contact details...

http://www.fly-now-redcliffe.com

David

• Like 1