Any Cub style taildraggers in Tassie?

NT5224

Hi folks

Currently down in Hobart on a visit from the Top End. We are interested to have a look over any cub style aircraft hangered in Tassie while we are here -since there are none back home. We are thinking of ordering one but wish to check out the cockpit and general layout first. So any tandem Cubs around? Savage cub cruiser or similar would be ideal

Many thanks

Alan

There is a hornet STOL down in Tassie 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif exact location I am not 100% sure of though I could probably find out:yes:

Actually for that matter I think there is a couple up around Alice give or take a thousand ks or so.

• Like 1
  • Helpful 1

There is a hornet STOL down in Tassie 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif exact location I am not 100% sure of though I could probably find out:yes:Actually for that matter I think there is a couple up around Alice give or take a thousand ks or so.

G'day SDQDI

Thanks for the pointers. Would be very interested to view a hornet as it is one of the types of STOL bush aircraft we are considering -Just, Hornet and Cub. My boss prefers side by side while I favour tandem but am open to be convinced. It's just so hard to view these types up north -not many around.

Any idea how I might arrange to get a look at the plane? Are you the owner? Would there be a convenient time soon? We are down south visiting relatives for two weeks until 23 rd

Cheers

Alan

Gday Allan

I've sent you a private message with the details that I know of the fella that owns the Hornet down there, I will chase up some more in business hours tomorrow (Friday)

If you ever pass through Quirindi NSW with a little organising you could look at (and fly in no doubt!) My hornet as well as the local flock of just aircraft superstols 012_thumb_up.gif.cb3bc51429685855e5e23c55d661406e.gif

As a side note I will post up a link of a thread that is about an orange hornet cub that now resides North of Alice springs.

I think the tandem vs side by side depends entirely on what you plan on doing with it. If it will be predominately station work then the tandem makes perfect sense, but if you plan on taking a pax anywhere often then the side by side is certainly nice. Visibility out of a side by side Hornet is still awesome but obviously is a bit better in the tandem.

• Informative 1