Site world wide ranking

Admin

It is my pleasure to advise that this site, Recreational Flying (.com) is now ranked by Alexis as being the 480,000th web site in the whole world and you can guess how many billions of web sites there are out there. The site is also ranked at 8,800th web site in Australia. Sites such as google.com.au, microsoft.com.au and other big name web sites naturally score at the top but to be ranked at the 8,800th web site in Australia is an incredible achievement.

To put this into perspective when you compare this site to say the RAAus web site, RAAus web site doesn't even exist:

World Wide:

Recreational Flying is 480,00

RAAus is 1,444,482

In Australia:

Recreational Flying is 8,800

RAAus doesn't even rank

I can safely say that Recreational Flying (.com) is the highest ranked and most popular recreational aviation web site and resource in the Southern Hemisphere, not bad for an Aussie site that is just in a specific unique market and soon it will get even better.

Thank you to all who have helped make this site what it is today

• Like 8
  • Informative 3
  • Winner 5

:whistling:I am impressed but also curious. How can it be 480,000 worldwide but only 8800 Australia wide. Does Australia have more sites than the world?

No, sorry there was a typo, left a 0 off the end (fixed now)...here is the screen shot of the site's ranking

1.jpg.366a5da749feaa4398b16cb14e699aa1.jpg

:whistling:I am impressed but also curious. How can it be 480,000 worldwide but only 8800 Australia wide. Does Australia have more sites than the world?

It makes perfect sense Geoff. You might just have to sit back and read it again a bit slower:amazon:

It is similar to an athlete who can be ranked number 3 in Australia but has a world ranking of 467.

The site ranks 8800 in Australia but because the world is a big place the ranking is 480000 which is lower because of the extra sites world wide.

What Geoff was referring to was before I edited it and added the zero...he was referring to 4,800 world wide and 8,800 Aust which wasn't right...crikey at 4,800 we would be beating many multi-nationals. It has taken 4-5 years to get from the 1.4m to 480k because as you get higher ranked it gets harder and harder to improve even just small increments unlike going from 1.4m to 1.2m

• Like 1