USA demands registration of drones

Litespeed

News from Gizmag-

The FAA has mandated that all recreational drones must be registered fro next near with penalties and jail for those that do not comply.

http://www.gizmag.com/drones-government-registration-faa/40906/

Seems pretty sensible to me, but naturally those who have criminal intent in mind will not.

This is the start of what I have been worried about for some time. Traditional model aircraft flying is being bundled in with the drone / UAV type gadgets and as a result will suffer from over regulation. Model associations thought bringing the drone / uav thing into their folds would boost numbers and hence be of benefit but we are are beginning to see that might not have been such a great idea. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif

It is only a matter of time until this has a flow on effect here in Australia.

This is the start of what I have been worried about for some time. Traditional model aircraft flying is being bundled in with the drone / UAV type gadgets and as a result will suffer from over regulation. Model associations thought bringing the drone / uav thing into their folds would boost numbers and hence be of benefit but we are are beginning to see that might not have been such a great idea. 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gifIt is only a matter of time until this has a flow on effect here in Australia.

We kinda already do...

From what I read from the flitetest crew, each RC pilot need only register once and they are give a unique registration number. They then apply their unique registration number to each RC model that they own. So, at least there will be no need to have to register each model separately. And it applies to anything over 0.55 lbs (250 g) and under 55 lbs.