Are you a Deviant?

Guest ozzie

I got a bit too blasé about surfing near rocks - until I got smashed into some and lost significant skin and a piece of flesh out of my right arm. Was lucky to walk away from that one and it sure makes me fear complacency now!

• Haha 1

One bloke ( Checkee) used to say my emergency calls (memory items ) were too slow. (You actually have to move your hands around as you state the action, indicating which engine and lever and how to move it. )I always replied "deliberate" as they way one should do this sort of thing.

Not a long time after I was flying with this chap and called the checklist item and the response was perfect

Hydraulic bypass "down" Gear selected to up, hydraulic pressure and quantity checked. which was fine .I didn't proceed with the next item and he said "keep going with the list' I said "there is NO pressure and NO quantity" We had a complete hydraulic failure. It got worse, as the runway was fogged in. Jackson's at Port Moresby and we had no flaps no brakes no nosewheel steering no cowl gill control and the nearest available suitable aerodrome was Cairns. I won't bore you with the rest, but he never changed his style. All feathers and not much meat. The sort of bloke who gets it PRECISELY wrong. (To the third decimal place) Nev

Bec, I'm glad you found It funny that I was seriously injured. This might entertain you some more - after the initial cleaning and stitching of the wound, I ended up back in emergency twice due to the cellulitis in my arm, and to have the wound debrided (first scissors to cut away all the dead tissue and something like a scourer used to finish the clean up). Three months of wearing dressings designed for burns victims to fix my highly exudating wound and then all good.

• Haha 1
  • Informative 1