[06 Feb 2016] Childers Quarterly Fly In Breakfast (Childers Airfield)

BJFly

The Isis Flying Club is holding its Quarterly fly in Breaky on the 6th Feb 2016.

Details:

0730-1000hrs

Cooked breakfast, tea & coffee, $10 per person

Grass strip 10/28 , 1000m, elev 140ft

Freq 126.7

No landing fees

All welcome, great excuse to go for a fly.

For catering purposes please contact Brett 0411122712 or [email protected]

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

A reminder that the Childers fly in Breaky is on the 6th Feb. The more the merrier, so drag your baby out of the hangar and plot a course for Childers.

Here's a write up from our last Breaky.

image.png.b507700bc5dceba66531e6923e9a75df.png

image.png.490a76722590715f1980fca2ada6b792.png

• Informative 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

The airfield at Childers has held up surprisingly well, in fact aircraft were flying today. The first 80m at the eastern end is closed with a displaced threshold marked with white tyres. Looks like the weather will clear but there will be a moderate SE breeze.

The cooked Breaky will be on regardless so fly, drive, ride or walk, all welcome on Sat 0730-1000hrs.

Hi all, it's Fri afternoon 1700hrs and I just inspected the airfield. It's in good condition except for the first 80m at the eastern end. It's a mixed forecast for tomorrow but if you do happen to get here the airfield is okay. I will update the Isis flying club Facebook page early in the morning. Fingers crossed!

Unfortunately we are going to miss this again. The weather is out of my comfort zone (in the sense that I can't make heads or tails of what it's going to do) so I'm going with the safe option. Really disappointed as we really wanted to go. Next time for sure... Maybe Gympie on Sunday ...

image.jpeg.d7b87e53783a786c6b4c43af81e610ec.jpeg Hi all,

As of 0630 it is overcast, 5kts SE breeze, hasn't rained yet but certainly looks threatining. Not a nice day for flying. Breaky is on for those who live nearby and wish to drive.

Sorry that I didn't make it but obviously the weather made staying on the ground a far better proposition.

No problems Geoff, catch you next time. I'd be interested to see a picture of the C140 and hear how your familiarisation goes!