Sport Air 2 Seater $999

Robbo

Don't think the price includes the engine

You may be right ...

Almost giving away my near complete SportAir 2 seat aircraft. This just requires final assembly (all parts are made), instruments and a prop and engine (both available from me for reasonable extra cost - engine is a brand new Subaru EA81 motor with redrive $1600). Workmanship on this plane is of very high quality. Reluctant sale but owner going overseas. Pick up from Gympie, S.E Qld.

What sort of aircraft is it? A Google of SportAir locates a company in the USA that sells multiple aircraft types (including the Sting). But this airframe doesn't look to be one of theirs. Looks to be wood and fibreglass construction.

Apart from all the obvious issues of build quality done by someone else. I'd be worried about registration issues. Looks suspiciously like it might need to be registered "Experimental" and that you may need to prove that you constructed 51% or more of the aircraft yourself.

....you may need to prove that you constructed 51% or more of the aircraft yourself.

That's not quite true. You have to show that the major portion of the aircraft was constructed by a person for their education and recreation and not as a commercial venture. Many times kits are sold part way through and registered by the final owner.