Hello from regional Victoria

Totenhofer

Hi all,

I'm a bloke from north western Vic.

I currently hold a CPL but i'm flying just for pleasure at this stage.

An instructor rating is on the cards in the next few years as I would like to try on some weekend / casual work.

That's a thought for another day though.

The usual mount I hire is starting to cost far to much, so i'm looking at getting an RAA ticket.

I'm hoping that'll allow me to scratch the flying itch as needed for cheaper.

One things that's piked my interest to post today is seeing an advertisement on an aircraft sales website.

Its' of a small high wing machine that cruises at about 80kts for 22k, this seems relatively affordable to me. I'm aware of ongoing costs and have heard you'd expect to spend the initial purchase price within the following 2 years as a guide, even that sounds bearable.

I'm really interested in somthing with folding wings. I'd love to be able to cart it home and stow it in the shed. This should definitely put a dent in cost of ownership.

Anyway, once again that's a thought for another day...

In the interim, I'm on my way to an RAA ticket! wish me luck.

Craig.

Take your time with purchasing. Most folding wing aircraft only do it to take up less room in a Hangar. If you tow them you will knock them around. Don't think of leaving it out in the open. Welcome aboard . Fly a SB Drifter if you can find one.Nev

Thanks Lads,

I like the idea of a "portable Hanger" that I could cart around.

I've seen varying degrees like converted boat trailers to fully enclosed custom built ones.

I did see a photo of a poor old Kitfox that had been weathered, it looked like it had melted!

Steph I'm in Mildura, both my PPL and CPL had me planning through Swan Hill.

How's the new runway seal? I haven't been there since.

Cheers,

• 4 weeks later...

Stewy

I flew in recently and had lunch in a nice little cafe on the edge of the river - "Spoons Restaurant" I think it was called. Just near the old paddle boat.026_cheers.gif.2a721e51b64009ae39ad1a09d8bf764e.gif

Would recommend the trip. Taxi was only a few dollars into town.

Was the new runway government funded as it was only partly sealed with the old shoulders. I did notice the shoulders in a different surface seal where quite good.

May catch up next time.

YLED to you guys is one of the preferred recent longer solo Navs so you will see a few drop in - possibly just use the WC and take a photo 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Bernie

• Informative 1

Yep it was government funded it was to increase the pavement strength I believe but they stopped 200 meters short on 26 for some reason

Spoons is a nice spot for a coffee and feed

Stewy

• Caution 1