Tyres for J120

vk3awa

Hi,

Just fitted a new set of main wheel tyres on my Jabiru 120. The tyres were supplied by Jabiru and are Trelleborg brand 4.00 x 4 6ply. Unfortunately, due to the profile of the tyres, they foul on the brake caliper bolts.

It appears that suppliers, including Jabiru, are having trouble supplying ribbed tyres.

Looking for ideas as to where I can source suitable tyres.

THANKS

Daryl

Yeah I have thanks Doug. It seems the supply of suitable ribbed tyres has dried up. I ended up ordering some from SkyShop who are an Australian reseller for Aircraft Spruce.

• Like 1

Mackgrl, I'm not sure how turning the caliper bolt around would help. Still have to fit a nut which would also foul on the tyre. How did you overcome?

Cheers

Daryl

The head is narrower than the nut , so if the head faces the tyre & nut faces centre of the a/c it will just clear the tyre. I asked Jabiru service if this was ok & said it was correct.( put washer under nut not the bolt.) We are getting much more life out of the Trellibergs . Cheers Dave.

The bolt head without a washer is much thinner than a nut and washer You might deepen the spot facing on the caliper IF it doesn't weaken it. You can round the edges of the nut as well provided there is enough hex to hold it when tightening the nut. Nev

Ju

The bolt head without a washer is much thinner than a nut and washer You might deepen the spot facing on the caliper IF it doesn't weaken it. You can round the edges of the nut as well provided there is enough hex to hold it when tightening the nut. Nev

just flock the bolt head in then you have 1 spanner adjustments.