Light speed ignitions

stevron

Has anyone had experience with light speed ignitions, I have 2 faults, one is a 50 rpm drop and the other is a intermittent ignition shut down for 1/2 or 0.5 of a second after approx 1 hour of operation

Hi we need a bit more info ie when is the 50 rpm drop occurring and what are the symptoms of the ignition shut down ie once only or continually once every minute etc

new plane old plane did it start suddenly or gradually

• Haha 1

The Lycoming is fitted with 2 light speed ignition with twin batteries.

At idle and through the rev range cold or hot the r/h ignition looses 50/ 70 rpm when running solo and the left turned off and it's just started doing this.

According Klaus's trouble shooting all specification and values are right , as tested by a electrician and myself. I have sent my findings to klaus and it should not be doing what it's going

Today during a test flight the left hand ignition drop out for 1 second and then returns to normal , this phenomenon repeats it's self ever shorting intervals , but no longer than 1 second, the right hand sounds like its retarted

Pm me, I've installed a few LSE systems & 'fixed' some as well.Does it have a dual crank sensor or Hall effect ones , really important to know?

It has Mini relays ,that s what light speed call them