Searching for a L2 (Caboolture)

Just starting to do my research, I have ordered a Foxbat with delivery in August, the a/c will be based in Caboolture & I was hoping to get some help from the folks up here in finding a competent Rotax/Foxbat savy L2 to maintain my a/c.

I am aware of the list of L2’s on the RAA web site, however I also know that with 35 years of aviation behind me that a personal recommendation speaks volumes.

If possible please PM me rather than giving out names on a public forum, your help is much appreciated.

Bennyboy320

080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Guest SrPilot
Just starting to do my research, I have ordered a Foxbat with delivery in August, the a/c will be based in Caboolture Bennyboy320 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

Hi Bb. Congrats on the new bird! What color did you go with? Stick or wheel? Mine is yellow with the y-stick and MGL efis panel.

Is August the normal lead time these days? I ordered one last Spring and it arrived in the U.S. in early September. I had to wait some additional time to actually get the bird, but this past weekend I enjoyed splendid weather while getting in about 3 hours stick time.

am quite pleased with the airplane and trust you have much more experience with them than I did since they're rather rare in the U.S.

Sorry I cannot help you with reports on mechanics. I'm a bit far away.

Happy flying!

Hi SrPilot, went with orange which is now a standard color so no need to pay extra for it, having flown the Airbus for the last 17 years I love the side side concept & find the Foxbat very similar & natural to fly, as I said before all that Yuri needs to do is add a sliding tray table:laugh:, gone with tundra tyres & steam driven round dials, the last thing I want is glass & an auto pilot, I have to use them most days to pay the bills, this is flying for FUN, already have my build date confirmed, also opted for the BRS, having flown fighters in a previous life I & my wife like that last ditch survival guarantee of the silk letdown if required, been renting one for the last few years at Caboolture so only have about 30 hours on type so far but I love it, tried to upload a photo but its beyond my skill level.079_throw_pc.gif.e071c8f36d135c7f050383c74279afc6.gif

Just starting to do my research, I have ordered a Foxbat with delivery in August, the a/c will be based in Caboolture & I was hoping to get some help from the folks up here in finding a competent Rotax/Foxbat savy L2 to maintain my a/c.  

I am aware of the list of L2’s on the RAA web site, however I also know that with 35 years of aviation behind me that a personal recommendation speaks volumes.

If possible please PM me rather than giving out names on a public forum, your help is much appreciated.

Bennyboy320

080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif

BB, you couldn't go past Dieter to look after your Foxbat...he looks after my aircraft and the aircraft at Fly Now Redcliffe and heaps more RAA aircraft around our area, I have contact details for him if you want them...just send me a PM and I will give you the details.

David

• Informative 1

Guest SrPilot
Hi SrPilot, went with orange which is now a standard color so no need to pay extra for it, having flown the Airbus for the last 17 years I love the side side concept & find the Foxbat very similar & natural to fly, as I said before all that Yuri needs to do is add a sliding tray table:laugh:, gone with tundra tyres & steam driven round dials, the last thing I want is glass & an auto pilot, I have to use them most days to pay the bills, this is flying for FUN, already have my build date confirmed, also opted for the BRS, having flown fighters in a previous life I & my wife like that last ditch survival guarantee of the silk letdown if required, been renting one for the last few years at Caboolture so only have about 30 hours on type so far but I love it, tried to upload a photo but its beyond my skill level.079_throw_pc.gif.e071c8f36d135c7f050383c74279afc6.gif

Sounds like sound thinking Bb, although I went with the MGL iEfis Lite due to space and costs. Like you I ordered tundra tires but I chose the 15x6.00x6 rather than straight tundra simply because I was familiar with the size and knew it was readily available in a number of brands in the U.S. and I too opted for the ballistic chute given . . . well, let's not go into that! 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

Congrats on your purchase. Fly often; fly safe.

Joe

Thanks to all the PM's about an L2, one name kept on coming up, very respected & highly regarded as an L2, I have contacted him already & he is more than happy to look after my future Foxbat, so this thread can be closed.

Kind regards,

Bennyboy320 080_plane.gif.36548049f8f1bc4c332462aa4f981ffb.gif