Way out West ...

rep003

Howdy Guy's and Gal's .

I'm Troy form Bunbury ,Western Aust.

I have just started down the RA-Aus path with my local aerodrome & the bug has bitten HARD.

Ultimately I'd love to buy something like a X-Air Standard or similar for some cost effective fun in the sun with Plus one :)

Sadly it seems that the vast majority of Ultralights ( and enthusiasts ) are on the other side of the continent though I am hoping that this forum will bridge the gaps :p

Cheers

Troy Rep.

• Like 4

...Sadly it seems that the vast majority of Ultralights ( and enthusiasts ) are on the other side of the continent ...

The upside is you'll be less likely to run into one of those pesky ultralights!

Welcome Troy!

• Like 1

Hi Troy, welcome.

I started flying in Bunbury 14 years ago. Wasn't the big fancy flying school there then, just the aero club. After flying GA on and off for many years I've recently discovered RA-Aus flying, and I've done more flying this year already than the last four years. I'm currently flying out of Bindoon but will be flying down that way before long, I have family down there.

May see you in the sky sometime.

• Like 1

Hi Troy, welcome.I started flying in Bunbury 14 years ago. Wasn't the big fancy flying school there then, just the aero club. After flying GA on and off for many years I've recently discovered RA-Aus flying, and I've done more flying this year already than the last four years. I'm currently flying out of Bindoon but will be flying down that way before long, I have family down there.

May see you in the sky sometime.

Always nice to meet a fellow Sandgroper :)

Hi Troy,

It's always a little exciting when another flying enthusiast pops his head up over here. Good luck with the flying keep in touch and hope to catch up one day.

ps: Is Brendan still at Bunbury or did he give it away with the Microlights?

Craig

Hi Troy,It's always a little exciting when another flying enthusiast pops his head up over here. Good luck with the flying keep in touch and hope to catch up one day.

ps: Is Brendan still at Bunbury or did he give it away with the Microlights?

Craig

Hi Craig ,

I tried to get in contact with Brendan , when I was debating Flex or Fixed Wing , with no success . So I'm guessing he gave it away :(

Nice to know there is a few WA boys around here :)

Cheers

Hi Craig ,I tried to get in contact with Brendan , when I was debating Flex or Fixed Wing , with no success . So I'm guessing he gave it away :(

Nice to know there is a few WA boys around here :)

Cheers

Yes, Troy last time I spoke to him he was wrapping things up just wasn't sure that he had yet, yes shame as it leaves us with really only York (RAA) or Exmouth (HGFA) as far as I can see, I went the other way from fixed wing to flex.

CFI at Busselton mentioned a gent out Wagin way was starting microlight instruction too . I don't know if he's up and running yet . Got his name and number... just in case ;p

CFI at Busselton mentioned a gent out Wagin way was starting microlight instruction too . I don't know if he's up and running yet . Got his name and number... just in case ;p

mmmm, Wagin that'd be nice and central 004_oh_yeah.gif.82b3078adb230b2d9519fd79c5873d7f.gif

• Like 1

Way out west, no way it's just that some of us are way out east.Good to have you on the forum.

Alan Marriette (Adelaide Central.)

Hi Alan,

was out your way some weeks back flying with Larry at Strath, great place. Def plan to return.

Thanks matey! Thruster T300

Nice ... I was following one of those on Gumtree :-)

Hard to find things like that in WA I'm finding

Cheers

Troy

Ah yeah there not many of these types around unfortunately. Instructors are very few and far between too

Any luck finding an instructor Eatherbreather ?

There is a guy in Northam that can teach - I can get his number to you if you want or there's good old (sorry Jim!) Jim Cuthill in Victoria (Falconhawk flying school). I had excellent results with Jim. He's a great guy and I would have qualified if it not for a minor mishap that put his Thruster out of action for a bit : (

I haven't tried the Wagin guy yet. Wagin being so much closer to home obviously appeals to me.

Nice ... I was following one of those on Gumtree :-)Hard to find things like that in WA I'm finding

Cheers

Troy

They are a very good and strong aircraft but I'm not sure of any that have finished up in Gumtrees, it is certainly

worth a try but the recovery may be a bit difficulty. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif 087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif.

Just a branch of Alan's sense of humour.

They are a very good and strong aircraft but I'm not sure of any that have finished up in Gumtrees, it is certainlyworth a try but the recovery may be a bit difficulty. 008_roflmao.gif.692a1fa1bc264885482c2a384583e343.gif096_tongue_in_cheek.gif.d94cd15a1277d7bcd941bb5f4b93139c.gif 087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif.

Just a branch of Alan's sense of humour.

Gumtree ... Branch ...

"Leave "it out Alan hahahaha