USB Chargers

sam allen wholesale marine have a good quality usb charging sockets in 2.1 A and the digital display of voltage with a floating decimal point. both use same size hole. I have found their electrical stuff to be good unlik e a lot of import peices i come across in my work. yet to check on radio interference

• 2 weeks later...
I've had mobs of fun with different cigarette lighter adapters and cables; they've all caused radio interference, but not all the time. After replacing a dodgy one I thought I'd nailed it, but after a couple of hours on my Narromine trip the rythmic static started again. Pull out the plug and it stops. Unfortunately that's not an option, because OzRunways can drain my iPad in about an hour.Even charging my iPad directly from a flat Lithium booster pack causes the same rythmic static.

Next week I'll try a few different cables. I presume Apple cables are all shielded- I have an old one which the outer white coating has crumbled off, showing its wrapped in braided wire.

Did you try to put on a ferrite on both ends?

Did you try to put on a ferrite on both ends?

I picked up a Lexmar portable pack from Sportys in the USA which has 4 USB Ports and does not interfere with my Radio.

Wasn't cheap at $119.95 but the Reviews are good and it does the job.

Search Ipad Power and Sportys Pilot shop USA for full details

• Informative 2