Fuel tank cap lubrication

hi been searching the threads but no luck. I know that there is a tip in here someplace because i saw it a while back.

Which lubricant should we use on sticky orange o rings in a fuel tank cap?

Aircraft is a Tecnam Sierra.

Ayecapt ................ try this if you like ? - its worked for a lot of others

remove cap (or course) tip cap upside down (of course) on base of cap - now on top cause you have tipped it over (of course) you will see a thin white / pvc plastic disc (diameter of cap) - if you use a sharp knife you can trim the excess that overhangs the edge of cap - like peeling an apple - no lubricant required

• Helpful 1

hi been searching the threads but no luck. I know that there is a tip in here someplace because i saw it a while back.Which lubricant should we use on sticky orange o rings in a fuel tank cap?

Aircraft is a Tecnam Sierra.

personal preference only FWIW .........petroleum jelly.(Vaseline) 059_whistling.gif.a3aa33bf4e30705b1ad8038eaab5a8f6.gif

• Agree 1

I was reading something the other day where someone recommended white lithium grease for lubrication in fuel related areas as it disolved in fuel, therefore not posing a blockage problem. Obviously a lubricant blocking your fuel filter will ruin your day.

I don't know if this is true or not.......for you to research....