Sport Pilot August 16 - Hard Copy, but why?

Roundsounds

Anyone see the irony in a hard copy Sport Pilot "Special Election Edition" being distributed to members?

I understood that an on-line version was just as effective as a hard copy? If so why produce a very costly hard copy just because there's an election?

My feeling is the money would be better spent delivering some educational material.

Thoughts?

Or the realisation that the magazine did at least reach the membership. My guess is that it is a shot at getting as many to vote as possible, though timing is a bit tight. Since I no longer receive it I've lost interest in reading it.

• Agree 4

Two reasons.

1. It was a way of getting the ballot paper and return envelope to all members. These would have had to be mailed out anyway. Also the Candidate profiles and election information is detailed in the magazine so everything is in the one package to encourage members to vote.

2. A special offer is included to try and get more members to subscribe to the magazine.

Seems obvious to me.

• Agree 5

My theory is the magazine gets a free subsidy from the election. The magazine has about 1800 subscribers so doing a run of 8500 for one month gives the magazine a bit of a boost at the printers. Losing 3/4's of the readership of Sport Pilot is its death knell.