Sea Harrier lands on cargo vessel

Phil Perry

This one happened a while back and whilst not actually funny, it has it's moments.

I remember the hassle the Brit Govt. had with the Spanish demanding extortionate damages for a slightly bent shipping container, and freght handling charges !

Hi Phil,Interesting story ... here's a wiki link with a bit more about what happened when Soapy Watson got home in front of the RN.

Alraigo incident - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cheers

Vev

Thanks Vev. . . . looking at the poor bloke's expression during the press interview, he was obviously thinking " Oh Bugger, I wonder if the abrasive Admiralty Enema is going to hurt ? ? ? "

As if he had much other option. You bent one of our planes mate and you will not get off scott free. Land in the drink and drown like a man. Nev

He gave them a great result, but It's like that.

Reminds me during my apprenticeship I couldn't get to work on time one morning due to a flat tyre, crawled along in first on my motorcycle and arrived about 9.30am and got strips torn off me. From then on when ever I had an issue I just rang in sick and took the day off, and nothing gets said, how ridiculous that they prefer a lost days work to a few hours lost.

Ah the logic of the military mind.

Was told this story by very old gentleman who had served in India:

Apparently some boundah from a cavalry regiment absconded with the mess funds. Two of his fellow officers were set to pursue and detain him, which they did first by train, then by chasing the fugitive's taxi by taxi. On their successful return, they put in for expenses, but received only their train fares.

What about the taxi, they asked.

You are cavalry, gentlemen, and should have been on horseback.

But the fugitive took a taxi!

Yes, well. He should have been on horseback too...

• Like 1