Recreational Flying Expo Progress

Admin

I have been developing the Recreational Flying Expo section and it is coming along nicely.

Exhibitors can have a stand and will be able to select one of 10 different displays for their stand. Each stand will allow for:

• Their Logo

• Contact details

• 3 different downloadable brochures

• 5 rotating photos with different rotation effects

• 3 watchable YouTube videos

Each stand will also have their own thread for posting announcements and each stand will have an Instant Chat feature where users can chat with a company representative. If the Rep is not online, the chat function will popup a "Can we help you" after 15secs that you are on their stand. If you click "Yes" an instant message is sent to the Rep on their mobile phone alerting them that a visitor wants to have a chat...and more other options.

I am developing this entirely myself which is why it is coming together a bit slower than buying an off the shelf product which costs thousands of dollars but when it is finished it will be a great asset to every person in the aviation industry.

Here are some screen shots of work to date to keep you informed...note how easy it will be for an exhibitor to set their stand up, they simply have to fill in the form and make whatever changes they want whenever they want to:

3.jpg.d63257ecdcacf4cd9012b27a03d40022.jpg

1.jpg.0d1fac78c2c2dde5b28f82bae9b985d3.jpg

2.jpg.befe8a9e518d5fe37529f9a5ae4a28b8.jpg

• Like 4
  • Winner 2

I wonder if RAAus or ELAAA will take up the offer? Excellent idea Ian. This resource gets better by the day. Many thanks for the time and money you are throwing at it.

Mike

• Agree 2

Hi Ian,

Excellent idea; I'm sure it will be well received by commercial aviation interests.

Do you have any idea of cost and the takeoff date??

Waiting at the head of the queue.

Hi Ian,Excellent idea; I'm sure it will be well received by commercial aviation interests.

Do you have any idea of cost and the takeoff date??

Waiting at the head of the queue.

Not sure when it will be completed but I am hoping in a few more weeks and as to the cost possibly $100 to 150 a month however it has to be considered in the whole site setup as in the site Aircraft Pilots, the Classifieds, the shop etc which is still rolling around in my head.

I am considering adding the basic Expo section to the site first. The Basic version would be:

1. The Expo Section index with the list of aisles i.e. categories

2. The list of exhibitors in that aisle on a sub index page

3. A page per exhibitor as per the screen shots in the opening post

The Expo section will not have instant chat, an auditorium for product/service presentations with interactive Q&A, weekly video events or multiple stand layouts at this stage. This is because the interactivity of chats etc needs to be developed and tested on a live site instead of on my local PC so these will be implemented one at a time with live testing to get it right and working to the exhibitor's requirements.

So if I went this route then the Expo stands will be free for those that take up the current side column banner advertising here until we get the Expo completed and working 100%.