Who's in WA?

Looking for any WA Pilots that may be interested in joining our little facebook community, the idea is to be able to organise social events and meet new pilots in the area. It's Perth Pilots, just search it on facebook.

I hope it's okay to post this, mods feel free to delete if it's inappropriate!

• Like 3

Looking for any WA Pilots that may be interested in joining our little facebook community, the idea is to be able to organise social events and meet new pilots in the area. It's Perth Pilots, just search it on facebook.I hope it's okay to post this, mods feel free to delete if it's inappropriate!

Yahoo.at last, count me in :-)

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

With so few events apparent in WA, one of the things we are lacking is communicating to each other any small of large event.

When something is organised, somehow we manage to get the dates to coincide with each others plans, some sort of forum or central point(s) of contact for announcing such events to all, including GA and all flavours of aviation is long overdue.

• Agree 2

Couldn't agree more. I know it may have been common knowledge around the circles but I had no idea about the Serpentine event a few weeks ago until a friendly forum member sent me a message the day before. Would be great if we could get this info out, and if nothing else do some hangar flying or let locals know we have a spare seat etc. I know this happened to me with regard to the spare seat and I really enjoyed the opportunity to meet a local fellow aviatior and all round good bloke!

Be great to get more of this happening. I'll make sure I'm part of it.

Serpentine seems to be getting smaller every year and has gone from a widely publicised 2 day event to a 1 day largely inhouse gathering it seems.

I usually see a promotional poster or something from the local clubs but this year nothing.

Only found out/ remembered on the day and it was too late by then.

I take it everyone knows about Bindoon on the 29th?

Bindoon2016.pdf

Bindoon2016.pdf

Bindoon2016.pdf

Looking for any WA Pilots that may be interested in joining our little facebook community, the idea is to be able to organise social events and meet new pilots in the area. It's Perth Pilots, just search it on facebook.I hope it's okay to post this, mods feel free to delete if it's inappropriate!

Good idea, Pity its FB. do have account but only look at it a couple of times/year, too much crap from my "friends". any chance you could post here also?

Iknow there are many pilots without facebook or other social media, do you believe there be enough interest to generate a mailing list?

Perhaps compiled and maintained by someone independent of any particular club or aircraft breed.

Someone with an aviation interest of course.

With so few events apparent in WA, one of the things we are lacking is communicating to each other any small of large event.When something is organised, somehow we manage to get the dates to coincide with each others plans, some sort of forum or central point(s) of contact for announcing such events to all, including GA and all flavours of aviation is long overdue.

Couldn't agree more Andrew, and also like the idea of the mailing list managed independently of institutions. With any luck this would also be a way of enticing those that want to start flying too and offer a more single point of info.

Good idea, Pity its FB. do have account but only look at it a couple of times/year, too much crap from my "friends". any chance you could post here also?

If there's too much crap from them and you don't look at it then take them off your page, when you have a quality list of contacts its a great way of keeping up to date, I use it for a lot of flying sites. Just a thought....... :-)