ASIC for A US citizen with an FAA pilot certificate

Vlad

Simply put is there such a thing? I have read nearly all ASIC topics on this resourse and it seems to me that foreing flyers are not covered. I sent an email to CASA ASIC team but no answer so far. Would appreciate any info or reference. Thanks,

Vlad

There is a bit posted in various forums, but as usual contradictory and sources not referenced. The following link is the best starting point I can find, but note it talks about right to work. A quick browse of the act and regulations didn't come up with any definitive answer, other than that one is required.

Applying for an aviation security identification card (ASIC)

• Helpful 1

Good question, Guessing it can be done because the international aviation agreements with USA etc. However, you got into the country so that's half the battle.

Pick up the phone and call CASA . That could be fun.

Concur in regard to CASA. Their involvement would only apply if you were seeking an Australian PPL.

I think the OP's intention was to fly a foreign registered experimental here so I suspect he will have to interact with CASA sooner or later.

re the original Q - I applied for and held an ASIC for a number of years before I got Aussi citizenship (though I was a resident). Had to supply overseas police checks and such like but there was no prohibition on foreign nationls.

Cheers

John

Doesn't need a right to work, just an operational need. I'd ring Aviation ID Australia | Professional ASIC Distribution Centre rather than CASA. I don't know how you can start the process outside Australia and the police checks will take longer - this has killed a few local businesses.

If you don't get anywhere with them, try Aviation Security Identification Cards

• Helpful 1