Aircraft Instructor + Hire Within ~100km of Adelaide

I'll be holidaying in Adelaide soon. My local area only has 1 plane for hire, so I'm very keen to try another out while there.

I have around 50 hours to date: 30 dual, 10 solo, 10 'solo' with passengers.

I have no experience with more than a few aircraft around so Parafield would most likely be out. I don't need new plane + traffic everywhere + not much knowledge of the landmarks and positions.

I know Murray Bridge has a few, are there any recommended more down the coast? Prettier scenery.

What is the likelihood of going up with an instructor for an hour or two, and then with a passenger later? Or is the learning curve a lot more than switching cars?

I'll be holidaying in Adelaide soon. My local area only has 1 plane for hire, so I'm very keen to try another out while there.I have around 50 hours to date: 30 dual, 10 solo, 10 'solo' with passengers.

I have no experience with more than a few aircraft around so Parafield would most likely be out. I don't need new plane + traffic everywhere + not much knowledge of the landmarks and positions.

I know Murray Bridge has a few, are there any recommended more down the coast? Prettier scenery.

What is the likelihood of going up with an instructor for an hour or two, and then with a passenger later? Or is the learning curve a lot more than switching cars?

What are you flying Stickshaker.......?

you could call James Hubbard at RPA at Murray Bridge. The scenery is fine: River Murray, Coorong, lower lakes. And almost always great flying weather. It's a great idea when on holiday to grab an hour or two of flight time there.

• Agree 1

Pretty sure Adelaide Biplanes flying school operate Sportstars out of Aldinga near Adelaide. That might be a good option if you want to fly while there without the stress of learning a new aircraft.

• Agree 1

Pretty sure Adelaide Biplanes flying school operate Sportstars out of Aldinga near Adelaide. That might be a good option if you want to fly while there without the stress of learning a new aircraft.

+1 for Aldinga, that's what I was thinking,

• Agree 1

I'm a student at Adelaide Biplanes, in a SportStar. AB has two to choose from, plus a gaggle of others is you want variety. I think it's $180ps solo (or with passenger, not instructor). The views around the south coast are awesome and ever changing. Wineries, coastline, hills, marinas, etc.. and the people at Adelaide Biplanes are lovely. Check them out here: Adelaide Biplanes: Adelaide Biplanes - Home Enjoy!

• Like 2

I'll be holidaying in Adelaide soon. My local area only has 1 plane for hire, so I'm very keen to try another out while there.I have around 50 hours to date: 30 dual, 10 solo, 10 'solo' with passengers.

I fly at Adelaide Bi-Planes..Aldinga when I visit SA. They have a good selection of aircraft for low hour pilot plus tail wheel aircraft. Nice friendly people.

• Agree 1