Hi from YBSU & YCDR

Ausspark

HI All, my Wife and I have started training for our ra pilot certificate. She is at s & l and Im one lesson ahead on c & d, we are training with different flight schools at different airports. We are both loving flying and progressing well, we have already found that our instructors have very distinctive approaches to training, being more relaxed and hands on as opposed to clinical and hands off, barring excercises. It will be interesting to see how we progress! Happy aviating:slap:

• Like 1

HI All, my Wife and I have started training for our ra pilot certificate. She is at s & l and Im one lesson ahead on c & d, we are training with different flight schools at different airports. We are both loving flying and progressing well, we have already found that our instructors have very distinctive approaches to training, being more relaxed and hands on as opposed to clinical and hands off, barring excercises. It will be interesting to see how we progress! Happy aviating:slap:

Welcome Ausspark. You'll be in for a great journey!

My wife and I learnt together. Same airstrip, same times, different instructors and different aircraft (Tecnam and Jabiru). Chased each other around the circuits many a time. Great for debriefs over a glass or two.

• Like 1
  • Winner 1

Hi Camel, will do, we are finding benifits in both meathods for us personally, it cool to have sombody to bounce off. Be nice to swap in circuits for a lesson to compare personally:plane:

It's very interesting different teaching styles, spent Christmas Eve talking to a young grade 1 GA instructor, very interesting with him talking about how he taught subjects and we had a few good laughs about how things were taught, I have had numerous demos of the way people teach and still find some things very funny. I find it weird some instructors allow bad landing and try improve them, I believe it's better to prevent a bad landing and work towards doing good landings, some will disagree ! I hope your training goes well and have a good journey. Look forward to your comments on styles of teaching but of course don't mention names as it is not about criticism but styles or methods of teaching working with different types of people.

I teach well, I think ! but like all instructor I can't work out why the student don't remember what I told them.

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Camel, I would defintly like to know if i wasnt technically up to speed with landings .Theres alot of info to cram into a small amount of time. I find Revewing the section of the text book after a lesson really does help. We also grabed a copy of mirosoft flight sim x and downloaded flight gear. Wish they could create some resistance on the control colum

Thanks guys. Camel, I would defintly like to know if i wasnt technically up to speed with landings .Theres alot of info to cram into a small amount of time. I find Revewing the section of the text book after a lesson really does help. We also grabed a copy of mirosoft flight sim x and downloaded flight gear. Wish they could create some resistance on the control colum

You won't take long to understand the various stages of the landing and the secret is don't rush the landing, seems a big workload at first but try relax and enjoy. I use to have sweaty palms when I was learning, opened all the air vents ! In adverse conditions I see it as a challenge and you must succeed but never land if you think it's going bad ! Go around, I've done a few bounces and scared myself too ! You would be surprised the number of pilots who do bad landings and think they are good ! Most pilots will never be too critical of other pilots landings as everyone will have made a few bad ones ! As long as the plane is useable again it's a great landing one you walk away from is a good one ! Enjoy.

• Like 1

Welcome to the wonderful world of recreational aviation guys!

I started losing my interest in the flight sims once I started getting into my flight training, it just wasn't the same.

Cheers, Tony