Hello just landed from the cold country

bobcat

Hello, I'm a recreational pilot living in Oakville, Ontario Canada and love flying and hanger talk. I am presently negotiating to purchase a Challenger 11 advanced ultralight. I would like to hear about and someday fly in Australia. For you railroad enthusiast I have been a railroader for almost 40 years mostly as an locomotive-engineer. Please drop me a line and say hello. Bob

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

Hello Bob and welcome, you won't be the only train driver on here, oops sorry, locomotive engineer but I can tell you its way more fun in the air than leaving it I 8 notch. Enjoy

Appreciate the welcome. I will be retiring in 18 months. It will be a sad day as I love railroading but then I will have more time to fly and travel. I hope to take my grandchild up this summer. Which railroad are you working, I knew a hogger from Queensland Rail, Mike Torrens but lost contact with him after I moved in2010. Keep in touch. Cheers Bob

G'day Bobcat.

In Australia we don't like to be railroaded, so I don't think you would be so popular, but we do like engine drivers.

In case you don't understand. Railroading is being forced to do something you don't want to.

Anyway, enjoy the forums and also the Challenger. Mkae sure it has the bigger vertical stabiliser, some og the originals were sadly lacking in rudder control.

Hello, I'm a recreational pilot living in Oakville, Ontario Canada and love flying and hanger talk. Please drop me a line and say hello. Bob

G`day Bob, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif......I`m a recreational pilot also, starting way back from the early days of the Australian Ultralight Federation (AUF)...In the last couple of months, I`ve taken some Canadian backpackers flying in my Drifter...I fly from my own property, here at Deeral, NTH Queensland.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

If you make it to here there's quite a few steam rails still running in a number of different gauges. Around Melbourne Victoria there are at least five tourist rail associations.

Sounds good sometime we plan on visiting your great country. Thanks Bob

G`day Bob, 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif......I`m a recreational pilot also, starting way back from the early days of the Australian Ultralight Federation (AUF)...In the last couple of months, I`ve taken some Canadian backpackers flying in my Drifter...I fly from my own property, here at Deeral, NTH Queensland.

It would be great to visit and fly around different places. I don't know about hiking I'm afraid of snakes Lol

I don't know about hiking I'm afraid of snakes Lol

Like this one?.....Nothing to be afraid of!... 053_no.gif.1b075e917db98e3e6efb5417cfec8882.gif... 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif......I took this photo on a hike,on Russell Island, 9 days ago...My mate John,almost stepped on it.

407090009_JohnPython.(Large).jpg.30339815543680e881e0a7926bf2d636.jpg

139772615_Snake1(Large).jpg.ef20c7e303ac01bc77a0e840dae4e481.jpg

Frank.

• Like 1

Like this one?.....Nothing to be afraid of!... 053_no.gif.1b075e917db98e3e6efb5417cfec8882.gif... 022_wink.gif.2137519eeebfc3acb3315da062b6b1c1.gif......I took this photo on a hike,on Russell Island, 9 days ago...My mate John,almost stepped on it.[ATTACH=full]49569[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]49568[/ATTACH]

Frank.

Is that a king brown? Lordy it is big. Good thing you never stepped on that thing. I used to live in British Colombia Canada and we had rattlesnakes but you have 10 of the deadliest. Wow Thanks for the pics. Bob

Bob, I`m not sure what type it is.Take a look here. Far North Archives - What Snake Is That

Quite a collection of snakes, fascinating from a distance. Hopefully in a few years we will come to Australia for a visit and maybe you could show me a real one. It would be exciting to fly there. Are you being effected by the cyclone? Hope not. Cheers Frank Bob

Are you being effected by the cyclone? Bob

Bob,This time, thankfully, no!....I`ve been through 5 Cyclones, my first was at 9 years of age....Our Cyclone season doesn`t officially end until the end of April so there`s still the possibility I may have to add another one...The yellow pins inside the blue line is our property so we get knocked around a bit when a Cyclone hits the area.

Home.jpg.b4bf3a26173f50d7d1a334075475042f.jpg

• Like 1

Bob,This time, thankfully, no!....I`ve been through 5 Cyclones, my first was at 9 years of age....Our Cyclone season doesn`t officially end until the end of April so there`s still the possibility I may have to add another one...The yellow pins inside the blue line is our property so we get knocked around a bit when a Cyclone hits the area.[ATTACH=full]49576[/ATTACH]

Great to hear mate it must be very scary. Looks like you are not far from the Ocean. Beautiful country. Cheers

• Like 1