Well, I finally did it !

Guest Wayne

After a couple of months of talking about it, Joining this forum and being encoraged by Ian and all of you. on Wednesday I finally arranged an Intro flight here in Bendigo. It was great loved every min of it and found an instructor who made me feel at home and welcome. Now once you have done your intro flight what next ? Join RA-Aus, hell that was hard, faxed the form in the morning and had my membership number and a confirmation fax by that afternoon. Ok what now. Bugger it, lets go flying, so off today for my first lesson. I had a great day so thanks to all of you for your encouragement in the early stages.

Thanks again.

Wayne;)

FANTASTIC MATE!!!! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif 011_clap.gif.8adfe837b4189ee6622bf4917d6a88c0.gif 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif ;) ;) ;)

Now you are beginning the journey of a life time - I wish I could do it all again 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Remember to enjoy every minute of it, you will have some highs and lows but then at times things just click and on to the next part of the journey - well done!

Thanks Ian, see the trip to echuca was worth it, You made me decide to get up and do something about it. Any idea if your going to hold echuca again in the new year ? I see the Bendigo Flying club are going to have an aviation swap meet and flyin on the 15th and 16th of March 2008.

Hi Neil, its Collin Douglas with the Bendigo Flying Club. I also liked Ray Walters but Ray mainly works on the weekends and as I have most of my days off during the week the flying club was the best option for me. They seem to be a great bunch.

If one thing great came out of all the effort of Echuca that you got up there then it was all worth it.

We are going to hold Echuca again - or should I say we are going to hold Echuca for the first big time soon - just waiting on a suitable date - for when Echuca needs rain again 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Well done Wayne. Welcome to aviation- you have done it now and wont be able to get rid of the bug for the rest of your life-Enjoy it all and as Ian said the downs only last till it clicks again---does that all make sense or is it Friday arvo jibberish- it has been a big week

Thanks guys for your kind words, Flies43 na it makes sense even thou it is Friday. I had done some flying may years ago, in Gliders and then even solo in GA for a few flights before a move with work ended my flying for the next 20 odd years, after meeting Ian and becoming a member of the forum the bug kicked in again BIG time all i needed was the push. On Wednesday the intro flight all seemed to come together again had a great fly at the controlls for almost the whole flight, Wayne thinks this is just how i remember it I LOVE this, then my second flight hmmmm all turned to Sh** just could not get it coordinated. As they say you have some good days and some steps backward. Tomorrow is a new day so lets hope its a good session. but who really cares atleast im in the air and learning all the time.

Hi Neil, Yep all is going well flying is great, theory was fine but now they are playing with my Head. ( Weight charts, working out theoretical altitude hights, THEY ARE PLAYING WITH MY HEAD ) but im still loving it.